Emily's new canopy bed I made for her

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tonja

BD.org Addict
Now mind you I am no seamstress or builder but I did try. I redid Emily's tank and made her a canopy bed and all the bedding for it. She loves it and is snuggled down in it sound asleep. I took her out of it after I showed it to her and she made a bee line right back to it and climbed back into it.

her big E and half bed I made for her, she likes to move this little bed around to where she wants it. I also made the curtains for the back of her tank

the side curtains match and I made those also for her tank

before I made her canopy bed

Tonja

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Thank you and yes she does like it I think. She slept in her bed last night and snuggled way down onto the mattress and under the blankie/sheet. I hope I can keep her out of it and basking today :lol:

jenn4turtles

Juvie Member
I have a male, so I'm not sure that my son will let me do something like that, but maybe I can find a masculine alternative. LOL. We've only had him for 2 nights now (tonight will make #3) and he just kinda curls up under his "cave", which is on the tile side of his home. Not sure that it's very comfy!

Tonja

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Emmett has a hammock since hes a male and I wanted something girly for Emily.

jenn4turtles

Juvie Member
Yeah, my poor BD's home doesn't look as nice! I'm gonna have to work on that this weekend!

I've been trying to keep it sparse to help with cleaning, but it just doesn't look as nice.

I used a background from PetSmart on the back of his tank only, not the sides. Mainly, I did it because his tank sits on my son's dresser, and I didn't want to stress him out with his reflection, which I heard could happen since they prefer to be loners. Why did you curtain the sides, too? Is there a reason? I like being able to walk down the hallway and peek in on him from the side, so I hope I won't need to do the sides also.

That is an awesome bed! Does she actually use it? I've been wanting to make one for Lola but she sleeps on her log constantly so not sure if she would use it or not.

Tonja

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Emily loves her bed. It wasn't easy to make but she sleeps in it nightly, lays in it when she wants to be on the cool side for a bit. She loves to snuggle down in It under the blanket and her head on the pillow.

That is HILARIOUS! Now I'm gonna have to make Arya some kind of bed -.- It's really cute... and too funny how much Emily digs her bed

Tonja

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
I just added the ruffles to the end of her blanket/quilt. Yes, she loves her bed and sleeps in it every night. She plays in it during the day moving her 4 pillows around, moves her furniture around. She has floor space but a lot to keep her busy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tlpowell718
Top Bottom