Emergency

Jada May

Hi my name is Jada. Recently we can across 3 bearded dragons. They were taken from a place of neglect. None of us have experience properly taking care of them. One of the dragons started passing what looks like a plastic bag. They've been doing it for a could of days now. I'm not sure of the dragons gender or how I can help it. We've been feeding them crickets and meal worms from. I live in a household where it seems no one wants to help it properly. It seems to be in so much pain. Someone please get back to me soon.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hi my name is Jada. Recently we can across 3 bearded dragons. They were taken from a place of neglect. None of us have experience properly taking care of them. One of the dragons started passing what looks like a plastic bag. They've been doing it for a could of days now. I'm not sure of the dragons gender or how I can help it. We've been feeding them crickets and meal worms from. I live in a household where it seems no one wants to help it properly. It seems to be in so much pain. Someone please get back to me soon.
Please post a pic of the dragon --- feed some baby food pumpkin w/ a drop of olive oil - this will make him poop whatever he ate out --- keep him dehydrated and make sure his surface basking temps are 95-100 taken w/ a digital probe thermometer -- a long tube UVB properly placed for the tank / screen -- do not have these dragons together - they all need to have their own tanks

Jada May

Original Poster
Please post a pic of the dragon --- feed some baby food pumpkin w/ a drop of olive oil - this will make him poop whatever he ate out --- keep him dehydrated and make sure his surface basking temps are 95-100 taken w/ a digital probe thermometer -- a long tube UVB properly placed for the tank / screen -- do not have these dragons together - they all need to have their own tanks
16904035757621297538576142517356.jpg

This is a make shift tank for them it's about 6ft long and 3 1/2ft wide. I want to seperate them but due to some small financial issues it's taken longer than expected. I've ordered a tank for him and probably won't be here til Saturday. I need to order him other things but I'm not sure what yet. I have no idea what I'm doing and I appreciate all and any help I can get

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
For hydration use an eyedropper to drip it on their snout. If they don't drink it you can add a little none citrus fruit juice or punch to give it flavor. Be sure to use a wet cloth to wipe away any that runs down their chin. No need to take a chance on causing bacteria or fungus to start in their scales.
Just siaking them or spritzing them will not hydrate them unless they drink it. They absolutely have to take water orally to hydrate. You can also wet their greens ifvthey will est them to get hydration in them.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Oh my, thats not good. If you can you should probably take him to the vet. If you can't, maybe you could VERY GENTLY try to pull it out, but don't be forceful. If he is passing it he will probably pass it all through his system but keep an eye out for bloody stools or prolapse.
That poor baby, how hungry must he have been to try to eat that. Hopefully you can give them all better lives now.
Ask about anything you need to know about here, we will all try to help you get up to speed as fast as possible in their care. The only dumb question is one that isn't asked.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Oh my, thats not good. If you can you should probably take him to the vet. If you can't, maybe you could VERY GENTLY try to pull it out, but don't be forceful. If he is passing it he will probably pass it all through his system but keep an eye out for bloody stools or prolapse.
That poor baby, how hungry must he have been to try to eat that. Hopefully you can give them all better lives now.
Ask about anything you need to know about here, we will all try to help you get up to speed as fast as possible in their care. The only dumb question is one that isn't asked.
Ok so you can divide the tank up to keep them separated - your going to need to get a UVB I am gonna suggest a 24" and you will need to give basking time of 4 hrs to each of them or take them outside for good UVB
posting links these are the best on the market
https://www.pangeareptile.com/colle...o-med-reptisun-t5-hood?variant=26907425734756 you will need to get the 22" Reptisun bulb for this fixture there is a 5.0 bulb that comes w/ it

Zoo Med ReptiSun 10.0 UVB T5 HO

Zoo Med ReptiSun 10.0 UVB T5 HO - Hight Output Linear Lamp for desert reptile terrariums. Shop all lighting supplies at Pangea Reptile

www.pangeareptile.com

this one you can find at Pet Smart if you have one 24 watt 12% bulb
https://www.petsmart.com/reptile/en...v-b-kit-65058.html?cgid=500114&fmethod=Browse or this one
https://hydrobuilder.com/sunblaster...mp.html?opts=eyJhdHRyaWJ1dGU5MDEiOiI2NjEwIn0= you want the 24" or 2 ft one-- you will need to replace the bulb w/ the Reptisun posted above
your going to need 2 digital probe thermometers to get accurate surface basking temps of 95-100
Zoo Med Digital Thermometer for Terrariums
3 basking bulbs start w/ a 100 watt but you must have the digital probe thermometers --
what do you have right now for the dragons? Any domes --- analog temp gauges?

Jada May

Original Poster
Ok so you can divide the tank up to keep them separated - your going to need to get a UVB I am gonna suggest a 24" and you will need to give basking time of 4 hrs to each of them or take them outside for good UVB
posting links these are the best on the market
https://www.pangeareptile.com/colle...o-med-reptisun-t5-hood?variant=26907425734756 you will need to get the 22" Reptisun bulb for this fixture there is a 5.0 bulb that comes w/ it

Zoo Med ReptiSun 10.0 UVB T5 HO

Zoo Med ReptiSun 10.0 UVB T5 HO - Hight Output Linear Lamp for desert reptile terrariums. Shop all lighting supplies at Pangea Reptile

www.pangeareptile.com

this one you can find at Pet Smart if you have one 24 watt 12% bulb
https://www.petsmart.com/reptile/en...v-b-kit-65058.html?cgid=500114&fmethod=Browse or this one
https://hydrobuilder.com/sunblaster...mp.html?opts=eyJhdHRyaWJ1dGU5MDEiOiI2NjEwIn0= you want the 24" or 2 ft one-- you will need to replace the bulb w/ the Reptisun posted above
your going to need 2 digital probe thermometers to get accurate surface basking temps of 95-100
Zoo Med Digital Thermometer for Terrariums
3 basking bulbs start w/ a 100 watt but you must have the digital probe thermometers --
what do you have right now for the dragons? Any domes --- analog temp gauges?
Thank you, I will try to get them more things next time I get paid. I really appreciate all the help and advice.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Thank you, I will try to get them more things next time I get paid. I really appreciate all the help and advice.
The UVB needs to be purchased immediately- along w/ those probes for temps- these dragons will not live w/ out UVB---- get them outside for good UVB not together 15 -30 min per day --- have them sit on you I dont know what the temps are like where you are but you must be careful w/ the heat if its really hot -- they will benefit from this --- you can use a plastic tote NO lid placed in shade / sun for 15 min or so but you need to super vise them ---- please separate them w/ using cardboard into 1/3 of the tank

Jada May

Original Poster
Thank you for the help and advice you've giving me. I'm gonna see if the baby food and oil will help. He's still eating and drinking water here and there. I don't have the money to take him to the vet right now. I will keep you updated on his health and the health of the others as well.
These dragons have all been in the same tank together for a couple of years apparently. They aren't food aggressive and actively lay on one another under their basking lamps. The tank has a total of 2. Is there anything I need to now regarding their health and what to look out for?
The man that originally owns them will be gone for about 2 months. What do I do if he comes back before then and wants all of them back?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Thank you for the help and advice you've giving me. I'm gonna see if the baby food and oil will help. He's still eating and drinking water here and there. I don't have the money to take him to the vet right now. I will keep you updated on his health and the health of the others as well.
These dragons have all been in the same tank together for a couple of years apparently. They aren't food aggressive and actively lay on one another under their basking lamps. The tank has a total of 2. Is there anything I need to now regarding their health and what to look out for?
The man that originally owns them will be gone for about 2 months. What do I do if he comes back before then and wants all of them back?
Separate them anyway --- dragons should never be housed together unless you are breeding them -- they are a solitary dominant animal --- you want them eating basking and pooping -- a vet appointment would be good regarding the skin issue but we need to get the one to poop out the bag --- that pumpkin will help him do this ---- NO enemas under any circumstances right now --- we need to see if he can push this out by him self -- enemas are only recommended when absolutely necessary --- I want @AHBD to take a look at the scales and see what she says about the bag issue -- as far as the guy coming back to get them I dont know what to tell you --- he does not know how to take care of dragons apparently-- what came w/ these dragons? as far as husbandry

Jada May

Original Poster
Separate them anyway --- dragons should never be housed together unless you are breeding them -- they are a solitary dominant animal --- you want them eating basking and pooping -- a vet appointment would be good regarding the skin issue but we need to get the one to poop out the bag --- that pumpkin will help him do this ---- NO enemas under any circumstances right now --- we need to see if he can push this out by him self -- enemas are only recommended when absolutely necessary --- I want @AHBD to take a look at the scales and see what she says about the bag issue -- as far as the guy coming back to get them I dont know what to tell you --- he does not know how to take care of dragons apparently-- what came w/ these dragons? as far as husbandry
I will try my best and do what I can for them. It will unfortunately take some time. I talked to my mother about all the advice I've been receiving and she's been little to no help. I am not financially dependent so there is only so much I can do.
We do have two heating lamps in the enclosure now. They seem to prefer the bigger lamp for basking. The lamps are circular and I'm being told that one reaches about 85-90°f and the other reaches 95-100°f

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
I will try my best and do what I can for them. It will unfortunately take some time. I talked to my mother about all the advice I've been receiving and she's been little to no help. I am not financially dependent so there is only so much I can do.
We do have two heating lamps in the enclosure now. They seem to prefer the bigger lamp for basking. The lamps are circular and I'm being told that one reaches about 85-90°f and the other reaches 95-100°f
You want those digital probe thermometers they need to be placed on the spot where they sit for basking 95-100 - everything I have told you to get is imperative to the dragons living-

Jada May

Original Poster
You want those digital probe thermometers they need to be placed on the spot where they sit for basking 95-100 - everything I have told you to get is imperative to the dragons living-
I will order the thrometers and do they calcium power or anything like that. Once I get my paycheck, I will get everything they need. I will also give an update soon on the one with the bag.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
I would not let him take them back. As far as laying on one another, most of the time that is a display of dominance. I have two that snuggle with each other or my other 3, but once in a while they stack, stacking is always a dominance thing so i house all 5 separately.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
I will order the thrometers and do they calcium power or anything like that. Once I get my paycheck, I will get everything they need. I will also give an update soon on the one with the bag.
Dust the insects w/ calcium D 3 once a week w/ the uvb's I posted you will need two eventually one for each tank-- the sunblaster is the most reasonable w/ the reptisun bulb I posted- but the uvb is what is going to help the dragon absorb the calcium he's ingesting - the surface basking temps is what starts digestion - they need fresh salads everyday and insects 2-3 times per week- lightly coat the insects

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom