EMERGENCY. Prolapse? Update- were good it's out :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prouddragonmama

Juvie Member
Is this a prolapse? He went poo 10 mins ago i cleaned he was normal 5 mins later bits of poo in cage and him like this!!!!!! It kinda looks like a butter worm skin. Help please
88d9d5a6.jpg

ec7b0db5.jpg

bbb4184b.jpg

I gave him a lil wash and now he's just laying on wet paper towel wiggling his hind end

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Yes, it does look like a sperm plug. Someone else just recently had the same exact question and the pic looked identical. The hemipenis would be more red. Put him in some warm water and gently wipe at it.

i dont mean to hijack your thread or anything, but i figured the people that posted on here would know, what if you have a boy and hes never had a sperm plug, guido is almost four and this has never happened... is something wrong with him?

Prouddragonmama

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Not hijacking :mrgreen:!!!! I had a question about that too! Gee what age do the do that cause my hunter is "my baby" I know he's not techniclly!! But he's only around 5 months maybe closer to 6! Isnt that um a lol young for um that?? :oops:

maybe it just depends on the dragon, my four year old boy is an old man compared to your baby haha, but i still consider him my baby. maybe mines just a late bloomer, :oops: i wont tell him that though, he thinks hes a big strong manly man, cant be hurting his feelings

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

This does look like a sperm plug, probably not a urate plug.
Go ahead & soak him in nice warm water first. Then, see if you can gently pull or work it loose. It should come loose if that is what it is. It does not look like a prolapse though.

Tracie

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

**Chair76, a prolapse is simply when muscles in a particular area become weakened due to stress of heavy parasite or worm levels, strain, or nutritional factors. When they have to push to hard to go potty, an internal organ is pushed out or collapses out. It can be a hemepenis, a colon, intestinal, or a rectal prolapse all of which are serious & absolutely have to be treated as an emergency.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tlpowell718
Top Bottom