EMERGENCY!! PLEASE HELP!! IN HYSTERICS!!!! HELP ME PLEASE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
lovemebeardie":a57b3 said:
The bulb is a long one, is that the right one? Baby food? Okay thank you I will try that! err... I bought some crickets and am trying to hand feed him but they jump out and.. ohh its a pain. I will do the baby food. Thank you! Please replyu! PLease help my baby
The long bulb is good just make sure he can get withinn 6-8 inches of the bulb.You can slow the crix down by putting them in the fridge for 2 minutes or so.He may be to weak for this.How quickly can you get the babyfood.You want to get some soft nutrients into him.What your going to do is mix the chicken and veggie babyfood,thin it out with water and add a pinch of calcium (his calcium),warm it in the microwave and see if he will lick it off the spoon.If he wont do it on his own then you can use a plastic needless syringe to force feed.Was he any better after the bath?

lovemebeardie

Original Poster
Help! I am trying everything, I got some relatives to buy some baby food. I gave it to him, and he won't take it. Now he seems worse, he started to
get better. Sometimes he tried to put his feet up on his tail and look like a board, is this good? Now he just barely moves. Someone please help me. Somebody please help my baby.

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
I am not sure what you mean about feet like a board?
So did you try to put some of the babyfood on the tip of his nose to see if he will lick it off?You gotta get something in him,not too much but something.Gently try opening his mouth and inserting the spoon or syringe in.I would also give him another long soak in the bath especially if he wont eat.Rub his belly a little while he is in there starting from the armpit and working your way down just in case he is a little blocked up.

lovemebeardie

Original Poster
He won't take the food, I can try warming it up again. I've tried again, and again. Maybe finally once I get to him it cools down before he takes it. I don't know. I.. I am afraid he may be..... in a better place... but I am not sure. Sometimes he still moves, I don't know whether to keep trying. I have
some things that must be done tomorrow. Please help me save my baby.....

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
Sweetie
Do you have an emergency vet you can take him to? If he wont take the food dont try forcing him anymore.Get a dishtowel and wrap him up in it to keep him warm but unless you can get him to the vet quickly I dont know that there is anything more that can be done this evening.Is he still breathing?

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
How is he doing now? Are the crickets you've been feeding him NO larger than the space between his eyes?
What wattage heat bulb are you using in the 20 gallon tank? It's important that we know this because he may have overheating causing dehydration especially since the thermometer is inaccurate. Are you using a white or colored heat bulb?
What substrate do you have on the bottom of his tank?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How are things going with your baby?
Were you able to get any food at all into him?

Tracie

lovemebeardie

Original Poster
Thank you everyone, everyone that took the time to post here. However, on Thursday, December 4. Critter passed away. Thank
you everyone who helped me, I did everything. I would like to give a special thanks to Vickson420. We all fought a hard battle. He
passed away at around 8:30 to 9:00 PM. Thank you all, I may be posting a memorial for Critter in general discussion. I really don't
know what else to say. He was just like my own child, and now hes gone. It is so hard, I have a few pictures of him. I know he is
thin and I have a hypothesis why. I met all of the standards needed to care for a bearded dragon. But he ALWAYS hard dark stress
marks. I think he had a disease that finally caught up to him. I would feed and feed him and he wouldn't put on any weight. Thank
you all. Thank you! Critter is saying it as well..... I love you Critter.... my baby.

codwyer

hey, sorry to hear bout your little guy, try syringe feeding him pureed veg and calcium supplements and chicken baby food alterntively, also bathe him in tepid water for bout 10 mins at a gotho rhydrate him (but not any less than 2 hours before his heat lamp goes off , cause he could get cold

Ethelia

Extreme Poster
Im so sorry you lost Critter.
Im currently in a battle to keep my girl healthy so I know how much heartache it causes.
You sound like you loved your little one dearly.
Im sure he must have known that.

x

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I am so sorry for your loss of Critter. I know that you are devastated. :cry:
If you need anything, please let us know.
There is a special Memorium section here on the forum that you can post a special memorium for Critter.

Tracie

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
I know I already said this to you in a PM but I am very sorry for your loss.You may be right he may have been ill for a very long time.Beardies are experts at hiding illness.Critter is at peace now and so now its your turn to make peace with his loss.Try to remember all the cute moments you had with him and hopefully you will be able to look back one day and think about Critter and smile.Again I am sorry :cry:

codwyer

god, as much as i love this website, it is often quite sad to hear about all the lovely little beardies that dont make it, my poor little ike was a trooper and gave me so much joy, still hate walking into the sitting room and not seeing him there, but as you said, i do remember all the nice times, and now front garden will always be a memory to me, as we buried him there in the middle of all the plants i spent so long planting and minding too. life is just ard sometimes!! herses to all the little guys we loved!!!!!!

lovemebeardie

Original Poster
Vicksen420, the moment that I thought would never thought would come to be did. I can think about my baby Critter and not begin to weep. I can
think about him and still move on, I feel that without all of you, I wouldn't be able to move on. I would be stuck in the past, stuck in the heartache of
losing Critter. Thank you all for all of the support ....

Please soon I will put up a memorial post here. I am doing it here so that everyone can reply to it. I will also do it on the memorial section. Please read the memorial that I will tack on here in a little while longer I have some very inspiring things to say for my Critter. Once you have read it you can reply here.

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
I am very glad to hear you are making peace with Critters passing.I know how difficult this must have been for you.I will be happy to read you memorial post and I am glad that although we couldnt save Critter that we helped in some small way to get you through these dificult times.

R.I.P Critter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom