EMERGENCY!! PLEASE HELP!! IN HYSTERICS!!!! HELP ME PLEASE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
CRITTER IS ACTING VERY STRANGE. I WENT IN TONIGHT TO FEED HIM AND HE LOOKED DEAD!! I PETTED HIM AND HE JUMPED, I INSTANTLY USED A DROPPER TO GIVE HIM WATER. HE DRANK SOME AND THEN STRUGGLED TO MOVE. MY LOCAL PETSTORE HAS RUN OUT OF CRICKETS AND FOR A FEW DAYS AND THEY JUST BARELY GOT A NEW SHIPMENT. HE SEEMS LIKE HE CAN BARELY MOVE, AND HE JUST MOVES AND CLOSES HIS EYES!! PLEASE HELP HE IS JUST A BABY AND I AM HYSTERICALLY UPSET!!! HELP MME PLEASE!! I LOVE ME BEARDIE TO DEATH! SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP US!!!!!

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
Ok take a deep breath.How long have you had him?How old is he?When was his last poop.Can you tell me about his uvb and his temps.What have you been feeding him and how often?

lovemebeardie

Original Poster
of thank you for replying! He is about... 3 months. He.. he has been pooping regulary about once every other day. He has been fine, this morning he woke up and gave me a hearty hello. His heat source is a light, it is about 100 degrees on his basking. 75-80 out of it. He looks really bad! His UVB is
a Reptiglo 10.0. He lives in a 20 gallon. He hasn't bathed recently, he looks so bad I need help!

lovemebeardie

Original Poster
I am giving him a bath now.... oh critter... Please it has more views then replies someone help us please!!! Critter needs help... hes my baby....

Watch your little guy real close in the water with your baby being weak you will want to make sure the head don't go into the water!

lovemebeardie

Original Poster
Oh believe me, I called relatives to help me. See how panicked I am?! There watxhing him and I'm and I'm posting! Sorry for typos, I am in hysterics right now. Please help my baby!

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
Ok good to give him a bath.Those temps are ok so long as that 100 is the basking surface temp.How are you measuring them?You said you are using a reptiglo 10.0?Is it a coil or compact?How close can he get to it?Both versions are bad but the complications from each one vary so I need to know if its linear or coil.Do you have a bright white basking bulb?Are you using any sort of heat rock or heat mat?What is your substrate.My first thought is he may be dehydrated but there may be more going on so I want to cover all bases.

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
Also can you please answer me about what he has been fed and how often he is being fed?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How are you measuring the temps, with a stick on thermometer, a digital probe or a temp gun?
What do his eyes look like, are they sunken in any at all? Is his beard darkened too?

Tracie

lovemebeardie

Original Poster
When I said reptiglo I meant reptisun. Sorry a little panicked here! He has newspaper as a substrate. I feed him around 20 crikcets a day and he was doing fine on this schedule, until now. I dust them with rep-cal with added vitamine D. Any other questions? He seems so exhausted. Like I said he hasn't eaten in about 4-5 days because the darn darn darn pekcin' pet store was out. Please help my baby!

lovemebeardie

Original Poster
His eyes look just right I think. However they are either half closed or closed as he lays limp. He does move sometimes though. I measure with a
stick-on. I know its bad but that is all that I have! Please help my baby!

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
Ok if he hasnt eaten anything in that many days then this is most likely the problem.He is a baby he must have food everyday.How many crix were you feeding before they ran out.I want you to go get some chicken babyfood and veggie babayfood and feed it to him asap.The little guy is most likely very weak from lack of food.At his age he should be eating at least 50crix a day over 2-3 feedings.Is there any other petstores you can go to?

Is the reptisun a tube or a coil?

lovemebeardie

Original Poster
The bulb is a long one, is that the right one? Baby food? Okay thank you I will try that! err... I bought some crickets and am trying to hand feed him but they jump out and.. ohh its a pain. I will do the baby food. Thank you! Please replyu! PLease help my baby

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AshG88
Top Bottom