Emergency kit

Status
Not open for further replies.

eeaston16

So, today there was a tornado warning in my town and it got me thinking that i need to pack emergency kits for my dogs and i, but then i thought, what about grim!

what you would recommend to put in a emergency kit for beardies? also supplies for incase they get hurt? thank you!

ps- if i did have to evacuate i would for sure bring him so i need advice on that too. should i pack dried crickets?

traildrifterphalanx

Sub-Adult Member
I'd imagine a large tote/bin, popup playpen, or something similar for an enclosure along with an adjustable lamp and mercury vapor bulb would be good in a pinch and can all be stored in the tote until needed.

Regarding food, though not recommended as a main diet staple, canned/dried bugs may suffice or "grub pie", depending on age of the dragon.
It also depends on how long you would need to bunker down. If it's a few hours they will likely be fine without food, and are likely to be a little too stressed to eat. If you're meaning like a pack up and leave for a shelter ordeal, some frozen berries may also work to have ready.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
In addition to what is described above, you may want to have a computer style battery backup so you can run lights for a while if the power goes out. Have extra water on hand as well as a store of food. I keep activated charcoal and manuka honey in my emergency kit in case anything harmful is ingested or to help treat a wound. Temp gun to double check temps on the fly. 72+ hour heat packs. Small fleece blankets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom