Elvis's official thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, as alot of you know by now, I have had a rough few weeks with Elvis. First, it was thought to be a neurological disorder, but the vet didnt sound very convincing. $113, I talk to Tracie and he is believed to have MBD. I am ordering liquid calcium, and am hoping for an improvement!
Since everyone on this site has been so supporting and wanting to know updates, I've decided to start him his own thread, with his stories, my questions, and pics.

Hope you enjoy!
TODAY:
Elvis had turkey babyfood for the first time (he has had a low appitite) he loved it! So a lunch of sweet potatoes, a dinner of turkey and worms, and a warm bath, he was a happy beardie! He had some free roaming and snuggling, and is now basking before bed.
Well, I have to go. My 3 year old brother and 11 year old sister are killing eachother! And im in charge here!

Bye
~Kaitlyn

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
It's so easy to get attached, especially when they're hatchlings. How could you turn away those beady little baby eyes :wink:

Buddy's dishpan is filled with water. He's an aquatic turtle, so he has to have water to survive -- though he doesn't seem to think so :roll:

Speaking of my babies' posts, I need to post a funny about Pookie.

babyelvissocute

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Haha, I know those eyes are what gets you!

I'll be looking forward to that post.

But i'm at school and my home computer isnt working so I might not be on for a few days.

But i gotta go, teachers coming..

babyelvissocute

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
sweetiepie9":39w61x6k said:
Go Elvis, go. Great you got the liquid calcium, you'll see a great improvement over the next few weeks. He'll be up & running before you know it, then you'll have fun chasing him! Our beardie Sweetie, who's now 4 yrs old, spent a few months eating babyfood, it kept her healthy until one day she started eating crickets, worms and salad again & never did go back on babyfood. So it's possible to wean them off it, even though it won't do him any harm.

I'll be looking for more pics, he's such a cute beardie!

Deb

Today was one of those days! Its been about four months of babyfood, every day, and today I put the salad in as I do just about every day, and usually he just stares at it, then me, then I'll take him out and he'll eat some out of my hand. But today I put the bowl in, with collards, peas, and carrots, and he came over and started eating it on his own! I was very surprised! He didnt eat the whole thing, but i'll keep it in there and hope that this is a step ahead and a big improvement!

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
:blob8: Good job, Elvis! Keep eating those yum-yums for your mommy and don't let her worry about you anymore

babyelvissocute

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Hopefully that will be the case :D He ate a little more than half the salad, but its a start! I'll keep giving it to him every day, and I'm sure soon he will be back to 100%!

babyelvissocute

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Hi,
Well, Elvis hasnt had babyfood in almost a week! And he eats almost a whole salad now, everyday! I'm VERY happy for him!

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Hooray for Elvis eating his salad!!! :blob8:
What a relief that you don't have to feed him babyfood anymore, huh?

babyelvissocute

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Yeah I know! And now I have jars of squash and chicken and sweet potatoe and turkey baby food left. But my aunts having a baby boy in October, so we will keep them for the baby.

babyelvissocute

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Hey everyone,
Sorry for no recent updates recently. I have been really busy these last few weeks with graduating from middle school (finally!) and ending the season of soccer and softball, and of course with all Elvis and the turtles and cats and frogs and bunny and fish. And, I have been staying with my yaiya (greek for grandmother, yet to this day I still have no clue on why we call her yaiya because we arent even greek!) Well, here in vermont (my yaiya's house) we have a bunny cage and a cage for Elvis and for the turtles. Everyone else has been left in my moms care. But other than that, mostly everyone is good. Mertle, the turtle that when I got was malnourised and undersized and in pretty bad shape, has some discoloration on the bottom of his shell, and I brought him to somebody I know who is going to school to be a vet, and he thinks that its a fungus, but its not like a gowth or fungus-y, So I have no idea what to do!

Anyways, Elvis is doing good! His cage here in vermont is a 20 gallon long, and I got him crickets, and since its a small cage he was able to catch them all! I'm thinking og getting a smaller tank for him, because his is a 75 gallon and its just way to hard for him to chase crickets in that. Whats the smallest tank I go down for him? He is on the smaller beardie size, only 18 inches, and he has hasnt had any signs of stress or anything in the 20 gallon..

I also got him some of that Healthy Herp freeze dried insant meals things, where you just add water, and mixing it in with his regular salad because I figured if it makes him eat more than it shouldnt hurt him, but I'm not going to give that to him as his staple salad.

So, other than that, everyone's good! I'm hoping to move out of my other grandparents house soon, because my mom said maybe when we do, I can get a corn snake! And, she's thinking about getting me a baby beardie for my birthday in november, so we will see what happens.

Well, I gotta fly! I'll post pics as soon as I get home, well I have to upload them, and photo bcket seems to not like me lately, but I have some cute pics waiting!

Kaitlyn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stihlgirl
Top Bottom