Elvis has cancer..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sekhautet

BD.org Sicko
I spent around $1500 on Tatsu for a mouth sore he had. They thought it could be cancer, but I was lucky and it was just a gum irritation. But I do know how hard those tests hit the wallet. They recommended an herbal product called: Critical Care Herbivore for Tatsu. For awhile, because his gum was sore and he wasn't eating, I had him on this mixture. You mix it with water to a baby food consistency and then feed with a plastic spoon. Also, they cut out his insects for a bit, except for soft ones like canned cooked crickets. This helped his mouth heal. You might ask your vet if Elvis could benefit from changing his diet for a bit, since his mouth is bleeding.

The Critical Care can only be purchased from a vet, but here is a link so you know what to ask for and can read up on it:

http://www.oxbowanimalhealth.com/vets/products/critical_care

PuffyLuv123

Hatchling Member
Nawwww! I'm so so sorry! :cry: I will keep you both in my thoughts for a long time!

I hope he gets to live for many more years with you (very happily)!

babyelvissocute

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Sekhautet":32u8xmyh said:
I spent around $1500 on Tatsu for a mouth sore he had. They thought it could be cancer, but I was lucky and it was just a gum irritation. But I do know how hard those tests hit the wallet. They recommended an herbal product called: Critical Care Herbivore for Tatsu. For awhile, because his gum was sore and he wasn't eating, I had him on this mixture. You mix it with water to a baby food consistency and then feed with a plastic spoon. Also, they cut out his insects for a bit, except for soft ones like canned cooked crickets. This helped his mouth heal. You might ask your vet if Elvis could benefit from changing his diet for a bit, since his mouth is bleeding.

The Critical Care can only be purchased from a vet, but here is a link so you know what to ask for and can read up on it:

http://www.oxbowanimalhealth.com/vets/products/critical_care

Thanks! I'll definantly look into that!

So far he's still ok. Still eating but going into brumation. I'm only letting him partially brumate though. Unfournantly I can only get him to eat half a salad and 8 crickets a day, but atleast its something! He would probaly eat more crickets but I'm only 14 and moneys tight, but I'm trying to breed some crickets since I have a lot of animals that eat them. But luckily Elvis is still doing good!

puppytoes72

BD.org Sicko
8 crickets a day is fine for adults,you really don't need to give him anymore than that :D I would try to push a little more salad though, or the Critical Care Herbivore that Sek told you about will act as his salad intake and like she said,will be much easier on his mouth :D

PS: Happy belated b-day Nora :D

babyelvissocute

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
He was eating 1-2 bowls a salad a day but now that he's brumating he wont eat alot of salad. I called his vet and they said not to give him critical care until it looks like he's having trouble eating. But he's still doing great! I had him out last night and he decided to go squeeze himself under a heat vent behind my bead, while I was frantically looking for him. But I feel bad I've had double sessions of soccer tryouts (8:30-11:30 and then 4-6) and only got to take him out for a little bit.

babyelvissocute

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Just thought I would give you guys an update..

Elvis is doing good. After PMs with Tracie, I am going to get a 2nd opinion on his mouth because it has puss and it scabs over and bleeds, plus it has only grown a tad bit. It doesnt seem to be affecting him, he eats 8 crickets, one salad, and 8 ml of babyfood a day, still not gaining weight though. He must just be a small beardie. He is now getting tested for adeno virus, so I will let you guys know about that.

babyelvissocute

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Hi,
So unfourantly its looking like cancer. I'm having his biopsied cells looked at for a 2nd opinion, but I'm saving up all my money for him to have a $653 surgery. But since its my beardie and everyone in my family doesnt think I should have him have surgery on my own. I'm only (almost, 4 more days) 15, so it woill take some time to save up that much.

But, Elvis is doing good. I did bring him to the vet to get it cleaned and I've been cleaning it with saline and betadine. He's still on babyfood but eating salad and worms and crickets too. His vet wants to fatten him up before the surgery. I'll keep everyone posted.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello Kaitlyn,

We are all hoping for the best for little Elvis! I am so glad that he is doing so well right now though & has such a great appetite too. At least he is active right now also.
You are so awesome, going to bat for Elvis like this. :love5:

Tracie

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Kaitlyn, I hope the surgery will remove all of the cancer cells and that Elvis will be A-ok afterwards.
Hugs to both you and Elvis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChekeNerton523
Top Bottom