Elliott escaped!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sunday morning, before going to the in-laws for a day of painting, I slid Elliotts door open to give him a quick pat goodbye and then off I went. Fast forward 8 hours later....I walk in the door and take a peek at E's home and notice the door slid open about 6 inches and my heart sank! I quickly run over to see if he is on his favorite branch or in his cave and NOTHING! HE'S GONE!!! So instantly I start scanning the room and Rachel is running around looking everywhere and I am in panic mode now. I am instantly reminded of stories like prottiesmomma and the likes and just terribly sad now. I then see the cat sitting on the couch and just get a feeling of dread. I basically then turn my mission in to a recovery mission instead of search and rescue. I looked just about everywhere in the house and then notice a door I hadn't looked behind yet and sure enough....there he is..... I blurt out his name, " Ellliott!" and sure enough...his eyes open to greet me! I was so happy so I picked him and gave him a quick look over to make sure he is uninjured and aside from a little bit of dust and cat hair(must make sure to clean back there more) he is good as can be. SO i guess he just wanted to take a nap. :lol: I can;t believe that he made the jump though! It is 3 feet from his viv to the floor and I have hardwood floors. I wish I had a camera set up to see his adventures. I am pretty sure it was like this...jump out of my viv, go to couch, look out window..oh no the cat..RUN!!, ok noW I need a nap. :lol:

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
smiley-gen165.gif
Talk about close calls!
I hope you gave Elliott a good talking to after the hugs and kisses, and told him that he shouldn't be running out and about by himself.

They sure can achieve amazing feats when they put their little hearts into it.

GoFast

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
thanks for the responses everyone! I was so relieved that I found him that quickly. Now the problem is that I have ocd and check the doors 4 times. lol This morning I checked them three times before I even left the house then I walked out, started my car and said crap I hope I closed the door. So I went back in to check again....ridiculous. lol

Beardiemommy137

Hatchling Member
Ok, I think that all the beardies have sent a message via the BD underground that it's time for the escape!!! It's a rebellion I tell you!!! I'm glad he's ok. He should be more careful next time...I also think he's just trying to keep you, his little slave, on your toes!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mysticsalten
Top Bottom