Eliminating or reducing reflections

Status
Not open for further replies.
My beardie moved into his new enclosure about two weeks ago, and he has been appearing stressed by his reflection. We put a double layer of screen on the inside of the glass which reduced it some but has not solved the problem. I have been looking into some kind of anti-reflective/glare film, coating, something and I have not had much luck. In my search I came across companies that make exactly what I'm looking for for store windows so people can see in without glare/reflection from the sun but they do not supply to the public and I have not been able to find any on ebay or anywhere. Another option I have come across is the films for tablets, but none of them are large enough and they're a bit expensive. I'm thinking about calling someplace that does window tinting to see if any of the tints happen to reduce/eliminate glare/reflection. Another thing I found that I don't know if it would work is anti-glare films for house windows to reduce the amount of light that comes through, thus reducing/eliminating reflection/glare on a television in the room. I am not sure if this would work placed on the inside of the enclosure or not.

If anyone has had any success with this, has any ideas or any input, please let me know. I do not want to use paper, plants, or anything that will block the view for those of us outside of the cage.

JLTANUIS

I had the same problem, I went to Petsmart and bought some of the decal cling for the cages and have 3 of the 4 sides covered so only the front is exposed. For the 2 months I've had it she hasnt freaked out at all.

disastercake

Original Poster
I'm trying to not to reduce visibility into the cage. We have contacted a company that makes the films for computers, tablets, tvs, etc. and they are willing to help. Now we just have to sent measurements for them to estimate the cost so we can see if it's practical.

disastercake

Original Poster
It took a while, but I got the quote back from the company online and they'd charge $500 to do all the glass in the cage. Sooo, that's a no. At Walmart I picked up Mod Podge matte finish acrylic sealer and it says it is for glass in the list of uses. We're picking up some scrap pieces of glass to test it on. Hopefully it works and is low fumes :)

halffrozen

Hatchling Member
Get a background from the petstore, and just use double sided tape on the top and bottom and stick it on the inside fo the tank.

I would think it may be better for all sides but one to be non-translucent, for your beardie that is.

disastercake

Original Poster
I have paper on 4 of the 5 sides, and the one that's still open she gets mad at. There has to be something out there. The Mod Podge matte finish is more of a semi-gloss, so it's back on the hunt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom