eggs????

Status
Not open for further replies.

RichW

i got a adult female dragon about two months ago, came home today and found two hard yellow things in her tank that i think might have been eggs. She is digging alot in her tank now. She has not been with a male since i have got her. If they are eggs, is there anything i can do for her. thanks

midnight_962002

Sub-Adult Member
It sounds like they are infertile eggs. Your going to want to up the proteing and calcium. Also, give her some extra liquids for the next few days. It'll help her body get back to normal faster.

Ernie

haleygirl272

Sub-Adult Member
You may want to get her a lay box. Get a large clear storage container and fill it with moist potting soil. Cover it up and put it in a dimly lit area with her in it. Check on her every few hours. She should lay her eggs in this.

RichW

Original Poster
thank you for the replies, when i got home for lunch today there were more in there .So far there has been seven eggs. She is still digging so i will set up a tote for a lay box, also she is not eating right now, but when she does should i give her as many dubia as she wants and dust them every time instead of once a day, again thank you.
rich

haleygirl272

Sub-Adult Member
RichW":cf38e said:
thank you for the replies, when i got home for lunch today there were more in there .So far there has been seven eggs. She is still digging so i will set up a tote for a lay box, also she is not eating right now, but when she does should i give her as many dubia as she wants and dust them every time instead of once a day, again thank you.
rich
Yes. she is going to be drained of calcium. You might want to dust some of them in a multivitamin also. You can also feed her what's called a slurry which is a mixture that you usually have to force feed, but it's really good for them.
I found this on herpcenter.com:

Bearded Dragon ‘power-aid’
*This is a great recipe for recuperating Bearded Dragons, Bearded Dragons who need a little extra weight put on, and young picky eaters.
Ingredients:
o 2 bok choy leaves – you can really use any of the acceptable veggies, but I find this works better since it’s less bitter than something like collards. Also, you want to make sure you include the stems in the mixture because that’s where the water is retained.
o 3 tbsp of strawberry banana baby food
o 5 tbsp of bearded dragon pellets – crushed/ground, and whichever brand you prefer
o 2 oz of Pedialyte – the unflavored kind works best, but it really doesn’t make much of a difference
o ½ tsp each of calcium & multi-vitamin supplements
*Blend everything together until you get a somewhat soupy mixture. It’s easiest if fed by syringe, so you don’t want the mixture to be too thick. Take out only what you’re going to be feeding at one time and refrigerate the rest. In my experience, they like it better if it’s slightly warmed up before it’s fed. You will also probably need to add a little bit of water to the mixture each time you feed it since it tends to thicken when it cools or sits too long. This will keep in the refrigerator for a couple of weeks.

This should help her recooperate. Good luck and keep us posted!

Haley

RichW

Original Poster
so far she laid twelve eggs hasnt laid any today but still does not want to eat yet. gave her nice long bath and keep offering feeders, gave her salad but she just threw that around the viv. she isnt digging anymore but still seems kinda restless at points.
rich

RichW

Original Poster
just thought i would leave another update and say thank you for the help. Elly had 17 eggs, and is now eating all the dusted dubia and superworms i will give her. how long should i give her as much as she wants to eat?
rich

SunshineLollipop

Hatchling Member
With such good care she should be herself again in no time :D . I'd give her another long warm bath & keep up the food 2 times a day until she looks more her own weight & her fat deposits under the neck are big. And let her rest, it takes it out of them.
Just remember it's a possibility she'll fatten up & lay again in 21 - 28 days, & once more after that, so treat her as a gravid female re calcium additives & more feeders for the next 2 to 3 wks. If she's not hungry, she won't/shouldn't(?) eat. If there's no more eggs, you'll at least still have a very healthy happy Beardie. All the best - Kathy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom