Eggs not looking good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragibun

I have had beardie laying eggs and first couple clutches were fine.. middle one seems not going somehow.. eggs are colapsing but not hatching.. temps got low as 20C cause of power cut for few days... highest was around 32C because of extreemly hot days.. no kidding.. hard to keep it cool..
They seem not moving or firm egg looking... its more harder.
I kept humidity around 80% and yet still they were quite drieing out so I sprayed them directly couple times and tried to spray liquid calcium as well.. im afraid the hot times killed them..

They are past their hatching time too.. should I wait?... or it seems unsuccesful?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Don't throw them out unless you're 100% sure they are dead. But unfortunately they probably are. The few days of low temps. could be tolerated but 90 may kill them. The other thing is that getting the eggs wet by spraying them can also kill them.

Once the shells collapse around the body [ and you see the body outline ] then they are almost certainly dead, and if you see mold/fungus, sliminess then you know they're gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom