eggs failing

Status
Not open for further replies.
well today i checked up on the eggs that were laid four days ago my female laid 25 and all of them had an embryo (circle with red around it) and i've been using a reptibator from zoo med this thing is horrible my eggs are all dented in except for six of them temps seemed fine be when i woke up today they had been in the low 60's. and humidity was at 40%. so my question is the females first clutch are they known to fail? or do you guy think its from this crappy incubator. this is really disappointing :(

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
What are the eggs in, soil, vermiculite, hatch-rite ? The humidity in the incubator is not the important thing, the soil/ vermiculite needs to be moist, but not wet, and the temps. about 82-86 F.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
The temp was in the low 60's today? That's not good at all, hope they can survive.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Oh, I must be blind in one eye and couldn't read with the other lol....I didn't see that the temps. went down to 60. Actually, if the temp. fluctuated that low for a short time, they could still still be O.K. . Over the years, I've had my incubator malfunction + temp. drop to the 60's, and they survived. Like Diamc, hopefully yours will survive. How are they looking now ?

iluvmybeardies

Original Poster
hey sorry it took so long to get back i lost most of the clutch i only have four eggs that are looking good i ordered a hova bator it should be here in the next two days or so i got the package deal from lllreptile it comes with hatchrite hopefully it gets here before my female beardie lays her second clutch. and to answer any questions im using vermiculite that i got from an ex friend who said that he purchased it from repticom. i know i did everything right i moisten the vermiculite till it clumped and didn't drip i ran the incubator for no less then 48 prior to her laying the eggs. and most of them rotted i do believe it was this reptibator incubator because the temps went so low and then went so high. this is a real bummer. but atleast i managed to save some of the eggs. my next purchase will be the reptipro 5000 or six i would have gotten it sooner but i couldn't find it in stock anywhere im batting a thousand here lol . if anyone know of a reliable incubator please let me know. and to anyone looking to by the zoomed reptibator i would say DONT BY IT THIS THING IS TRASH it literally cooked my eggs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Panthercat
Top Bottom