Egg laying?

Status
Not open for further replies.
At what age approximately do females start laying eggs? I have an approximately ten month old bearded dragon, and I know that if they don't have sand or something that they can dig into, they won't lay eggs. But I don't want to put sand in her tank while she's still so young unless it's necessary since it can cause impaction and everything. I just am not sure at what age approximately female beardies start laying eggs. Thanks!

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
They can lay at 10 months but it's not common. My youngest was about 8 months. You don't need a laybox until they show signs of wanting to lay....and you can always keep a plastic tote filled with sand for when that time comes. Here's more info:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=166108

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Not all females lay infertile eggs so unless she is showing some symptoms of being gravid, I wouldn't worry about it at this time. She hasn't been with a male, correct?

As long as she is eating well, has great coloring, isn't real hyper continuously, etc, no worries.

GrapeReaction

Original Poster
Thank you all for your help! I appreciate it, and all of the information!

She has not been with a male - I know she is way too young to even think about breeding or being kept with a male. I don't think she's showing any symptoms, I just like to be prepared! Especially since she's a little sickly, I don't want to take any chances of missing anything! Thanks again!

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
You're welcome. :) Although it's unlikely she'll lay anytime soon it's not impossible. It's always good to have a laybox ready so you don't have to scramble to the store if and when you see signs of a female wanting to lay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom