Egg laying question

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattekure

I have a 2 yo female beardie who began laying earlier this year. She has never been around a male, so all of the eggs are infertile. It seems like she is laying a lot of eggs, more than I expected. She has just completed her 5th clutch of eggs, with each clutch averaging around 40 eggs. She averages about 1 clutch a month. How much longer is this likely to last? Also, after she finished digging, laying, then burying her eggs for the most recent clutch, she had one more egg that came out with her poop the next morning. We put her laybox in with her again just in case, but could it just be a leftover that didnt come out earlier? Is it likely to be a problem.

Otherwise she is very healthy, happy, and eats way too much.

Enclosure info: 2'x2'x4' enclosure with 12% arcadia UV changed every 6 months and basking spot set at 97 degrees. Cooler side of enclosure hovers around 78 and there is a shaded area as well. Floor is slate tile.
Diet: collard greens, dandelion greens, mustard greens or watercress everyday, occasional other treats of fruits. Dubia 4 days a week, 3 times with calcium powder, and 1 with vitamin powder.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there....sounds like a big healthy girl, and as long as she's eating well + getting plenty of calcium she should be fine. I had a dragon lay 8 clutches one year, but that's very, very unusual and the average is 4-6. The extra egg a day or so after is common, so no need to worry. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tlpowell718
Top Bottom