Egg laying chamber,...

Status
Not open for further replies.

theguy67

What would work best for an egg laying chamber. I know it needs to be deep, just not sure how. I was thinking of removing the female from the cage to another, but Im also worried that it could cause stress. I would like to have it "in" the cage. I was thinking of just using 12in+ in the cage with it, but not sure what would be best with out impaction.

Omnomnami

Hatchling Member
I've heard from a few breeders that using a strong, deep card board box with the front cut out is a great way to make her an egg laying spot. Just fill the box at a slope with soil and sand, this should encourage her to choose that spot to lay and it also provides easy access to the eggs for incubation after they're laid. It can also be put in her viv with her and removed once all eggs are laid.

I've also heard that this way could be flawed if you make the soil too damp so be sure to make the soil easy to dig in and not caked up too much.

I'll be using this method for my girls laying spot.

Hope this helps! Good luck! :mrgreen:

(If you need me to make an example and take a pic I would be more than happy to provide that)

freitas

Hatchling Member
please could you post a pic for us newbies, please?

I have a female that i think is ready, she wonders around the enclosure tasting the air and digging in the corners and man is she ever fat. Thanks for your help in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mei mei
Top Bottom