egg crates causing crickets to not grow as fast??

Status
Not open for further replies.

danny662boy

Hatchling Member
so when i take crickets outta my rubbermaid container, about a foot long 8 inches wide and a foot tall... the crickets seem to go for there cricket feed, orange cubes, and greens and cat food (for protein) MORE than when i put the egg crates in there so they have places to hide?? do i need them in there??

ScooterBlenny

Hatchling Member
How many crickets are you keeping in there? If it's more than about 50, then you definitely need to keep the eggcrate in there. Besides providing a hiding place, it provides surface area. Overcrowding is one of the main causes of death for petowners' crickets.

danny662boy

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
ya its more than 50... there about 200+ in this 16.7x11x10.8 inch container... and i'd say there prolly 1/4" crickets to prolly 3/8" crickets in there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom