Ebay VS Amazon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nihilist

Hatchling Member
I bought 200 large Dubia roaches for $30.50 about a week and a half ago. Amazon said the seller was Dubia Roaches.
full

I am pretty positive I did not recieve 200 and just found out they were suppose to be 3/4 inches in size, not one of them was that big. Most were 1/2 inches or smaller. Water under the bridge because I have already had a few die and set up my colony. I am looking to buy 200 more, I really want to get my colony going. ABDragons is selling 200 large for $36 and Dubia Roaches is selling them for $37. Dubia Roaches says they will deliver from March 16th-21st and ABDragons says by March 22th-28th. But Ebay has 200 large-XL for $35 and will deliver by March 18th. My question, even thought I have been ripped off by Dubia Roaches and Amazon should I stick with them or try Ebay or ABDragons? both Dubia Roaches and ABDragons would be purchased through Amazon.
My wallet and impatience is telling me to go with Ebay since I will be closer to having adults that can breed but common sense tells me to ask for advice from people that maybe have faced this dilemma already.

HKzForDayz

Sub-Adult Member
i buy from dubiaroaches.com

you can get 1000 quarter inch for 40, or you can get 1000 half inch for 60, 7 dollar flat rate shipping, and i usually have in 2 to 3 days.

Rampagingraptor

Sub-Adult Member
I highly doubt that the Dubia Roaches on amazon are the same as dubiaroaches.com. Dubiaroaches.com is very reliable as well (I order from them the most). You are better off buying directly from the buyers than going off Amazon or Ebay.

HKzForDayz

Sub-Adult Member
I can confirm that dubia roaches on amazon IS NOT dubiaroaches.com . they sell on amazon under dubiaroaches.com

dubia roaches, is in fact, abdragons

Nihilist

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
gimmexthexloot":ifdb3vhf said:
i buy from dubiaroaches.com

you can get 1000 quarter inch for 40, or you can get 1000 half inch for 60, 7 dollar flat rate shipping, and i usually have in 2 to 3 days.

I need larger ones so my colony will start faster, I am still paying $11 2-3 time a week for crickets.

Rampagingraptor":ifdb3vhf said:
I highly doubt that the Dubia Roaches on amazon are the same as dubiaroaches.com. Dubiaroaches.com is very reliable as well (I order from them the most). You are better off buying directly from the buyers than going off Amazon or Ebay.

gimmexthexloot":ifdb3vhf said:
I can confirm that dubia roaches on amazon IS NOT dubiaroaches.com . they sell on amazon under dubiaroaches.com

dubia roaches, is in fact, abdragons

It was sold from dubiaroches.com I received a letter with my roaches. It advertised their roaches on
their site, gave me info about their return policy and informed me about the free sampler feed they were giving me including the dubiaroaches.com address to buy more feed. Also came with a business card, with their website and phone number on it. It does advertise to make sure you buy from ABDragons but if that isn't the lower price Amazon changes it to Dubiaroaches.com or what ever site is cheaper.

Contact info taken from Amazon from my first purchase
full

Contact info taken from Dubiaroaches.com
full

Same exact phone number.

Taterbug

BD.org Addict
I ordered from ABDragons on their eBay listing, was a few years ago but I was happy with my purchase.

Nihilist

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Actually did order 1000 small ones for feeders, found them from dubiaroaches.com/Amazon for $48 with free shipping. Should save me money, if I switch to those from crickets. Also found 80 adults for $41.50, 45 females and 35 males. Too many males but will be a nice start for my colonly.

HKzForDayz

Sub-Adult Member
Just thought i would update, purchased dubia from both dubia roaches and abdragons on amazon,...BOTH purchases came from dubiaroaches.com. it seems they are abdragons

Nihilist

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
gimmexthexloot":2q1bwqpb said:
Just thought i would update, purchased dubia from both dubia roaches and abdragons on amazon,...BOTH purchases came from dubiaroaches.com. it seems they are abdragons
lol thats great.
My purchases from ebay came in and they are great. 80 adults, all alive and very active. Got them 2 days early. Very happy, wife not so much now that I have turned our walk-in closet into a roach breeding area lol.

HKzForDayz

Sub-Adult Member
firehawk0285":1wxoo9iz said:
I usually go with a trusted website. Discountdubias.com will bend over backwards to make things right if they ever drop the ball.

Please go spam on a different page.

Nihilist

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
firehawk0285":1f97diqo said:
I usually go with a trusted website. Discountdubias.com will bend over backwards to make things right if they ever drop the ball.

At this point can an admin delete his account?

HKzForDayz

Sub-Adult Member
Nihilist":2up1jido said:
firehawk0285":2up1jido said:

At this point can an admin delete his account?

I know diamc was addressing it earlier, not sure what happened there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom