Eating

Status
Not open for further replies.

sfx606

My beardie still wont eat =/ He has come out of what I think was brumation and hasnt eatn much of anything for the past almost 3 months. Ive went over his husbandry and its all good. Ive tried different feeders and nothin =[ Ive been giving him reptaidXL and it hasnt really had any effect :( what should I do?
-Mike

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
Hello,

I believe I replied to one of your otherposts a while back about your beardie not eating. Honestly, at this point I would suggest taking him to a vet and having him checked out. Make sure the vet does a fecal exam also.

Has your beardie been losing weight at all? I don't remember if you went over your set up with me or not, but you say you have gone over it with someone on here, correct? I assume temps and all were fine?

Are you bathing him, so that he is not dehydrated on top of not eating? Have you tried any babyfood or slurries on him, to get food in him?

Dawn

sfx606

Original Poster
Temps and everything were all fine and I think I'm going to do that but How do I preserve a fecal sample when they come every now and then? And yes I've been force feeding baby food into him and bathing him once a week and he drinks from a dropper I have. Im gonna try bathing him more also. He still looks the same weight but I'll check that just to be sure.

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
If you cannot get a fecal sample don't worry, the vet can manually get one from your beardie. Glad to hear you are keeping him hydrated, the last thing you want is him to be dehydrating on top of not eating.
Good luck with taking him to the vet. Please let me know what you find out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meljorogers
Top Bottom