EATING HABITS

Status
Not open for further replies.

docdoo32

My bearded dragon is like 5 months old. He used to eat like 15-20 crickets a day with lettuce. I started treating him to mealworms 3 times a week. Now he has gotten spoiled and wont eat maybe 10 crickets a day and kills as many worms as I will give him. Is that a bad thing to keep given him more worms then crickets????? he also loves a couple of pinky mice once a week...

thanks

LJean

Extreme Poster
Some beardies want to eat what they want to eat. ;)
Mealworms aren't very nutritious though. You are better off trying to get him to eat the gutloaded crickets.

As for pinkies, isn't 5 months old a little young for them? Many people won't feed them at all except to a gravid female.

docdoo32

Original Poster
Thank you... I think I will maybe wait 1/2 day or so and then just try the crickets again. I was told by the reptile store that the pinkes were ok. I know my dragon loves them and goes crazy when he see's one coming into the cage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom