Eating during brumation

Status
Not open for further replies.

JenFid

Sub-Adult Member
I posted this in behavior earlier but I didn't get any responses, and I couldn't really find anything on Google either. Hopefully someone has some insight!
------

So Sartharion has been brumating for about 2-3 weeks now. This is his first one so I'm a little nervous, but im 99% sure that's what's going on. His weight hasn't moved in 2 weeks, he buries himself under his blankie when normally he would just lay on top of it (and every time I peek at him under it he is asleep). The few times I've taken him out to hold him he is bright and alert (after waking up!).

Today I took him out for a bath. I was hoping he'd poo for me but no such luck, he pretty much just sat in one spot and soaked. He drank a fair bit of water both off my finger and with a syringe. After I dried him off I set him on his basking spot and put a few small pieces of turnip greens to see if he'd eat them. I left, and when I got home the greens were gone and he's buried back under his blankie.

I'm wondering if this kind of occasional snack is ok? He absolutely refuses to bask and I'm guessing he grabs the greens mid-trip on his way back to his hide.

btw, this is what it looks like *every time* he goes back into his hide after I've taken him out. Is this normal for brumation? Since he's blocking most of the light out, will he just decide to wake up one day and come out? o_O
P1010667.jpg

Sorry for all the questions, I'm new to brumation :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
syddersspams
Top Bottom