Eat your veggies!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bmiller

So I have the list of safe veggies but what do juveniles tend to like best?

I've tried:
  • Mustard Greens
    Shredded carrots
    Minced grapes
    Dandelion Leaves

Picks at them but isn't really interested. On the other hand he tries persistently to get to the Coleus plants on my window ledge. Appetite is not a problem. He hoovers crickets to the point I'm going to go broke. Do I withhold crickets until he eats his greens? And make sure he doesn't hide them under plate or feed them to dog? :lol:

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
The younger dragons tend to favor their bugs to help support their growth. It's good to provide salad but they won't often go after it until their growth slows down as they approach full size (usually around 12-18 months old). I would keep providing bugs for now but make the salad available so it's a familiar food source. That may help when the transition to salads happens.

My guys tend to like chopped green beans, different kinds of squash cut into worm shapes, chopped bell pepper, collard greens, dandelion greens, and turnip greens the best. I rotate other things in depending on what's fresh at the grocery store though.

Bmiller

Original Poster
Ok great. I was worried about unbalanced diet (yes I am gut loading crickets).

I only gave him 10 crickets this morning and he is now perched on food bowl - picked at greens and giving me the stink eye ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mysticsalten
Top Bottom