Dusting the salad w/ powdered calcium?

Status
Not open for further replies.

leann

Juvie Member
Can I dust his salad w/ powdered calcium? Or does that make for a sticky gooey mess? The reason I ask is because Brock no longer eats his crix. He only wants worms on which the days that he has phoenix worms I won't dust that salad. Is it better to use a calcium spray on the salad instead of the powder or does it matter? On the weekends I would have to sprinkle the salad w/ his multivitamin unless I can dust the worms.

Any suggestions or advice?

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
moved to feeding

Lean
What kind of worms is he eating now?Just Pheonix?How many per day?

leann

Juvie Member
Original Poster
We were feeding about 4 supers cut in half or thirds depending on thier size, then my order of phoenix worms came in...they were quite small so we gave him about 25 of them.......now we're out of phoenix worms and back on the supers, cut in half, about 4-5......I have an order of large phoenix worms on the way.....400+ from Phoenixworm.com.....I'm thinking that will last me almost 3 weeks....then I'll have to order more.......Worms is all he wants though.....although he does eat salad, bok choy, collard, mustard and turnip.........and he LOVES butternut squash......but thats a pain in the butt to peal, cut & shread.......

Any suggestions on this??

Thanks!! :mrgreen:
Leann

Edit: Just wanted to update, he's just over 14".......he was 12" when we brought him home....he's putting on the weight :D

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
Dust the worms just like you would the crix.My adults very rarely if ever eat crix.Matter of fact Drago stopped eating crix before he was a year old and hasnt touched once since which is fine with me since I hate them.Its the only part of baby beardies that I dread.If it wasnt for the quantity of protien needed I wouldnt even give Phoenix crix.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom