Dunner Dragons?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kamelotte

Hatchling Member
What exactly is a Dunner morph and where did it start? I've seen pictures of the physical differences, like rougher conical scales and scales growing in random patterns. I kind of get the impression that like silkback is the extreme smooth, Dunner is the other extreme in terms of being spikier and rougher. Is there any health issue that has arisen alongside this mutation? I can't imagine breeding a morph with a key physical feature being crooked scales results in a 100 percent healthy reptile. Also, has anyone bred dunnerxdunner? Is the gene recessive or dominant?

I'm sorry if this is kind of rambly. I haven't been able to find much info on dunners and I'm very curious.

SoleSky

Sub-Adult Member
I kind of feel like any new morph is going to have physical challenges, after all they are mutations. I have a leatherback who is a very finicky eater and frequently gets parasites because he stresses himself out. I've tried to find a reason as to why he gets stressed but I've found nothing. My setup is flawless as far as I can tell. I love dunners but I'm really worried about the issues that seem to arise with some of the new morphs. If I get another beardie I'm getting a normal, they seem much more hearty.

As for the spike thing, that basically what dunners are. They are supposed to look more "dragonesc" (if that's a thing). They look like a rustic version of a normal haha.

yea solesky is right I also have a leatherback and he is so picky he wont eat crickets roaches or vegetables only worms but anyway back to dunners I really like how they look and im looking to get one soon and hopefully he is a healthy one :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom