Dundee

Status
Not open for further replies.

brandymulvaine

Hatchling Member
Read more of the replies and found the answer to my question... hehehe!
Urbana. I've been to Champlain before, stayed at a hotel modeled after a medieval castle. There were suits of armor and tapestries on the walls.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
Not a whole lot to report. Dundee is still on his schedule and is up to about 432g. His mouth is healing but he is still coughing. He had a really great shed session today. Looks like a small dragon exploded on the carpet. Scales and spikes all over. He loved rubbing all over the carpet to help remove the sheds. He has more energy through the day and explores a bit. Will keep the routine going. Slowly but surely =).

D couldn't stay awake to help me with the forums tonight
2cfbgua.jpg

Brezzy99

Sub-Adult Member
Dundee has come a long way. He is looking great! How long was he locked in the building before he was rescued? At least he has you now.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
The latest is that the biopsy showed no cancer, just indications of stomatitis which was expected. The blood panel showed some high levels of bacteria but that was to be expected. Nothing else out of range (numbers available upon request). The bad news is that the mouth cultures showed a high level of fungus in addition to the bacteria which is being treated. They are going to continue to grow the culture to see what's going on and try to treat it further. In the meantime, little guy hung out on the back porch this evening.
35lymtv.jpg

jenn4turtles

Juvie Member
Would a broad-spectrum antibiotic knock out the bacteria and the fungus? I'm curious as to what caused the fungus, and how the treatment for the bacteria is affecting it (if any). Poor little thing. He doesn't look like he's unhappy though! He looks quite content with you on back porch!

Taterbug

BD.org Addict
He has some neat colors! You are doing a great job with him. I'm really impressed with your dedication and willingness to go the extra mile for this little guy. He's lucked out finding you.

Hope the fungal culture comes back as something easily treatable or commensal.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
He has been on Baytril and Flagyl for a little over two weeks now and his mouth is still mucous filled and he still coughs, so I don't think the antibiotics are completely taking out what is affecting him. Hopefully the results of the fungal culture will come back soon and provide us with a new plan of attack.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
I'm not sure. I hear of fungal skin infections on here a lot, but not fungal respiratory infections.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
Little guy had some energy and trashed his tank this morning. I let him out and he wandered around the house and has been camped in the kitchen for an hour or two now. I took the opportunity to steam clean his tank and bake his logs now that his antibiotics are done. Still waiting for the anti fungal medication to arrive. Here are some pictures of him camping out in the kitchen (taken about a minute ago).

k4tcfd.jpg

2iacrkg.jpg

BabySkales

Hatchling Member
his mouth looks so much better! he looks like hes being more active.. keeping his head up. youve done an amazing job with this little one. :]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trishreyhui
Top Bottom