Dudlee's Progress

Status
Not open for further replies.

amylee159

Gray-bearded Member
Poor Dudlee hasn't been feeling well lately. She has been on a hunger strike, has discoloration of her belly, and is just not looking right. So with the help of Tracie, I have got her feeling a little bit better! With the help of liquid lactulose, she had a nice big BM this morning, and ate 3 hornworms!! She goes in for a blood test on the 13th so hopefully we can find out whats going on. Please keep your fingers crossed that everything works out. I'm really worried about her. But at least she is eating her protein (I still have to give her slurry) and having BM's :)

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello Amy,
It sounds like Dudlee is doing pretty well & still loving her hornworms too! Maybe the lactulose is helping her out a little bit.
Let me know about how the bloodtest comes out. I definitely want to take a look at it when you get it back. Thanks. :D

Tracie

amylee159

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Today is test day and i am VERY nervous!! I can't believe I am making my little girl get blood work done, but I know it's for the best. Her appointment is at 230, and I will post updates when we get back, and when I get the results (they have to be shipped to Calgary). Fingers crossed. I think I'm more nervous than her! :cry:

Jasper's Mom

BD.org Addict
Make sure they take blood from her tail and not her midline. Its much less painful that way. Good luck!

You know what's funny? I'm in Calgary, and when I get blood work done, they have to ship it off to somewhere else! :lol:

amylee159

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
lol. Well....vet visit went well I guess. He looked her over, and took her off to take blood. When he came back with her she was a BEAUTIFUL shade of yellow!! The bad side was that he wasnt able to collect enough blood. In order to do the blood test they wanted to do (to check her liver) they would need 8 viles of blood, and they were barely able to collect 2. So he decided to stop (which I'm thankful) because he didn't want to torture her since it took 10 mins to collect just 2 viles. He said that he would take the two viles and just look at them himself (look at the red blood cells), and phone me if anything looked abnormal. He said that he really doesn't think anything major is wrong (since she looks wonderful aside from the discoloration on her belly), and to call him if anything new happens. I'm so glad he is so well with her. She turns the brightest yellow when she's with him :) Guess she's got a little crush! lol

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello Amy,

Well, at least they managed to get some blood from Dudlee, poor girl. When will you know the results of the tests?
Great that they thought that everything looked good with her. She was a bright yellow around him? That is funny. She obviously likes him. :love5:
Did she ever shed any of that discolored area on her belly?

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom