Dubias mating temps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trajega

Hatchling Member
Hi All,
I was researching today why my dubias arent multiplying and realized that a house temp of 75-80 is not warm enough. I am thinking of moving them to my garage, but that will give temps of 90-100 which can spike every now and then. Will these temps be high enough to kill them? Or will they survive?

Also the humidity here is very low, and im wondering if there is an easy way to boost just slightly. I can add an extra 15-20 ounces of water crystals (35 gal container), but am not certain if this will work. For more info I live in Dallas, Tx. Any tips would be welcome. Anybody from this type of climate?

Thanks

hammerhead

Juvie Member
I keep my dubias at around 100 degrees. To add humidity I put a glass of water with a wire screen on top in the bin and add water to it every few days as it evaporates.

clear

Sub-Adult Member
I keep my dubia in the 75 range. Humidity isnt really important as long as they are molting fine, if they are not molting fine then you need to raise the humidity. Diet, water and space are the bigger issues if your temps are between 70-90.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom