Dubia troubles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone!
I Need some dubia experts to help me with this!
So ive had my dubia colony for about 4 months now..i Have 18 females and 5 Males them laying seems to be super duper slow..! From the looks of their abdomens they seem to be very fat (females), does this mean they are pregnant? It just seems like they are taking forever to actually birth them. Any tips to speed this up? Ive only had one female give birth out of these 18 in the past 4 months

chrsschb

What is your enclosure setup like? Are you providing them ample food/water, avoiding mold, plenty of areas to hide and climb, heat?

What is your colony like? Do you only have the adults? Did you buy a mixed colony? I've had much better success with a mixed colony.

Dragonmamiof4

Original Poster
chrsschb":13n6xb7z said:
What is your enclosure setup like? Are you providing them ample food/water, avoiding mold, plenty of areas to hide and climb, heat?

What is your colony like? Do you only have the adults? Did you buy a mixed colony? I've had much better success with a mixed colony.
I Have them in an 18g tote with a lid provided with airholes
They have about 10 cardboard cupholders,2 huge eggcrates,and 8 toilet paper rolls..it stays about 88-90 degrees..i have a night-time purple bulb they dont seem to mind (75 watt) they are provided carrots,apples,changed every other day ( i do not provide an additional water source due to misting of salads) roach chow, turnips, collards and ive never had a mold issue thankfully! I have smalls mixed in with mediums along with the adults but we are getting low on them.

chrsschb

Only thing I can think of is maybe switching out that purple bulb with a CHE? I know mine love their darkness. My colony is in a 35g (solid black) tote with a CHE mounted to the lid (above my egg crate apartment complex, lol) and they have been reproducing really well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milosmom
Top Bottom