Dubia size question

Status
Not open for further replies.

miketphoto

Greetings,
I am wanting to try my dragon on Dubia but want to make sure about the size of my dragon versus the size of the Dubia. Fuzzy is about 13 1/4" can he eat a full size Dubia? The Roach Guys ships a mix of sizes and I didn't know if I need to wait till he is larger like with Supers or if he can eat any size Dubia.

Thanks for the help.

Mike

patrickb

Juvie Member
Not sure if he could eat a full size one yet, but the dubias grow and have different sizes at all stages of their lives, so you will be able to find one that is the right size. :)

augsburg1530

Juvie Member
A 13 inch dragon would be able to eat an adult dubia but you probably wouldn't want to feed one to him because you'd want to keep the adults as breeders. Dubia are expensive to feed off if you are ordering them every month. What you would want to do is order theroachguys starter kit and start raising your own dubia to feed off. I raise dubia, Spike is 17 inches long and we feed him on medium to large nymphs and keep the adults as breeders so we have a continuous supply of tasty feeders.

In the mixed set that theroachguy will send you, you will get small nymphs, medium nymphs and large nymphs. If you wanted to feed your dragon some, you could feed off the medium nymphs and keep the rest for breeders. If you are going to start breeding, remember that the more dubia you start with the quicker you will have a breeding colony. So check out http://www.theroachguy.com, do some research and start your own dubia colony. You will not be sorry you did.

Eric

miketphoto

Original Poster
Thanks Eric, I just ordered 75 to see what they are like and to ease my wife into the idea. My intention is to get the starter kit this spring so that I can start my colony in my storage building when the weather gets warmer. I can live with the expense for the short term as I am already buying phoenix worms and Ithink the dubia will be more bang for the buck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sohaiko
Top Bottom