Dubia Roaches

Status
Not open for further replies.

sfx606

Okay, Im wanting to breed some Dubia roaches because the crickets are getting a little smelly lol. Which worms will turn into Dubia roaches? Ive got some superworms right now, are those good? Or do I need mealworms in order to get Dubia roaches?

darwin08

Hatchling Member
Worms don't turn into roaches. They hatch from eggs into roaches. Usually the only insect that comes from a worm is a type of fly or beetle. To get dubia roaches you need to buy dubia roaches. Its like crickets. Do worms turn into crickets? Nope. Hope this helped. People on this site rave about theroachguy.com so you should check it out.

Alex52686

I just got my dubias and set up is a breeze. they don't smell don't escape and don't make noise. I ordered from the TheRoachGuy.com he is amazing. I got a mixed kit witch comes with 2 adult pairs. They give birth to live young, no eggs or worms just little nymphs. :blob5:

Theroachguy

Juvie Member
Alex52686":54c90 said:
I just got my dubias and set up is a breeze. they don't smell don't escape and don't make noise. I ordered from the TheRoachGuy.com he is amazing. I got a mixed kit witch comes with 2 adult pairs. They give birth to live young, no eggs or worms just little nymphs. :blob5:
Alex thanks for the kind words glad we meet your needs and like the poster said about worms don't turn into dubia. check out my site for plenty of info.
take care Jason

augsburg1530

Juvie Member
I used to raise crix, and they are HORRIBLE! They stink and make too much noise. I got some Dubia from http://www.theroachguy.com

Dubia are the best feeder ever. They are easy to raise, good for your dragon, don't stink and don't make noise.

Theroachguy is the best. Go to his site and check out all the info he has, then order some roaches from him. If you rasie Dubia, you won't ever be sorry.

Eric

darwin08

Hatchling Member
I am still trying to convince my mom to let me get them. She is grossed out. Would I need a heat lamp or anything? I still don't really understand how to get the babys out either. Like I heard to put holes in the bottom of the bin so they fall into the bottom bucket, but what if they never go to the floor to be able to fall through and just stay in the egg crates all the time.

patrickb

Juvie Member
A heat lamp would work, but the problem with them is they do tend to dry out the environment inside the tote much faster and it makes it tough to keep a decent amount of humidity. Heating from underneath with a heating pad (either a human one or one of those more expensive reptile ones) works better than the heat lamp, though either will work.

As far as babies, you really don't need to seperate them out unless you just need a certain size. Check out the care information on http://TheRoachGuy.com and there is that bucket sorting method a lot of people use to sort out specific sizes. No need to seperate babies from adults though, they are not cannabalistic like crickets and you can keep all ages together at all times. Dubias are more of a climber and if they sense what they think is an escape route on the ground, they would pursure that before climbing up into the eggcrates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cr0w
Top Bottom