dubia quick question

Status
Not open for further replies.

beardieaddict

Sub-Adult Member
i have 2 4month old dragons and 2 that are full adults i know the adults can eat full size dubia but i was wondering on the babies when can they eat full size dubia 16inch?? or can they be less i read it some were but i have a horrible memory so i already forgot thanks ----richard---

Gail

BD.org Addict
I've never gave a adult dubia to a dragon under 20 inches. I suppose if you have a small adult dragon that is only 16 inches then a adult dubia might be too much for it to handle. My guy is 5 months and 16 inches, he has a hard time handling half grown dubia.

Fallencomrade2008

Juvie Member
Tossing in my two cents on the issue, never fed your dragon something wider that the space between their eyes because thats about how wide their throat is. A dragon has a hard time spitting something out so its better that you make the choice on what they get to eat. If i was you i would save every adult roach you get, they live a long time if they are taken care of every 2 weeks or1 week if you have alot. If you keep them warm, around 80-85 or a bit warmer they will breed. In my experiance, haveing 4 dragons, i only have to buy them food every 2-3 months. they love their roaches and greens which i grow myself. Hope i helped. good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom