Dubia question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryan Maguire

Sub-Adult Member
I am wondering, if the bin is too full with roaches, will they stop breeding?

It seems like my bin has come to a standstill and there aren't any new babies being born. Perhaps I should start a 2nd bin?

Momto3boys

Sub-Adult Member
I doubt they would stop breeding, how full is your bin?

Lots of people have 2 bins.....some have 3 or 4 :lol:

kalipbean

Hatchling Member
10 or so egg crates can hold a butt load of roaches. And unlike crickets, which die due to overcrowding, roaches from my experience do not. Obviously if theres 1,000's and 1,000's and you can no longer see the egg crate, lol, get another bin. But a 30-50 gallon and hold a few thousand easy. Like other posters said, we have several bins =)

I have 3.

-Main colony I started with. Has a few thousand now with about 150 girls or more. Nice high style 35 gallon bin.
-New breeder bin. Took 40 girls and 7 boys out of the main colony to start again. Smaller 20 gallon bin.
-Feeder bin of the sizes i need, no heat pad on this one. 20 gallon bin.

h0ndap0w3r

Sub-Adult Member
man, you guys are so generous with space. . . i have 400 females and 75 males in 1 bin. . . maybe i should split them. . . lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bk8chinhthuc
Top Bottom