Dubia Growth

Status
Not open for further replies.

SamusTheDragon

Sub-Adult Member
Hi guys,

I just ordered 500 small nymphs. How long do you think it'll take for them to be old enough to breed? Hopefully not too long :p , (I heard 8 months >.< ) But if it's going to take a long time I might just buy some adults. And if I buy some adults, can I house them with the nymphs? Thanks :D

Mt3

It typically takes 3 or 4 months, though this varies depending on factors such as the temperatures and food that you provide. It's a good idea to mix adults and nymphs in order to establish a colony more quickly.

ocrage

Hatchling Member
Mt3":1vn9gvtz said:
It typically takes 3 or 4 months, though this varies depending on factors such as the temperatures and food that you provide. It's a good idea to mix adults and nymphs in order to establish a colony more quickly.
this

SamusTheDragon

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
ocrage":2ax35klb said:
Mt3":2ax35klb said:
this

Thanks for the info. and thanks for this =P.
:)

SamusTheDragon

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Oh, also, do I need to replace their food everyday? Or wait for them to eat it all. I'm sorry if these are obvious, I've never had dubia before and I already searched the forum a little.

MrWhite

Sub-Adult Member
SamusTheDragon":7sj0jtwq said:
Oh, also, do I need to replace their food everyday? Or wait for them to eat it all. I'm sorry if these are obvious, I've never had dubia before and I already searched the forum a little.

The fruits and veggies would probably need to be replaced daily or every other day to avoid molding, the dry chow can last much longer. Mold is your enemy!!

Chair76

Hatchling Member
Yeah im starting my dubia colony too and was wondering what kind of fruit should i feed them that is good? they also dont seem to like greens too much.

MrWhite

Sub-Adult Member
Chair76":2b0b0s5z said:
Yeah im starting my dubia colony too and was wondering what kind of fruit should i feed them that is good? they also dont seem to like greens too much.

I've used sliced apples and oranges, they seem to like both. I've used carrots for veggies, they really like them too. I agree, my roaches did not seem to like the greens either, but it's hard to tell how much greens have been eaten.

Chair76

Hatchling Member
mrwhite, where do you get your dubias from? i was wondering where i can get them cheapper for like a 100 dubias under 30 bucks but i found some but im unsure of the quality?

lauraj1055

Gray-bearded Member
I shred Sweet potato and feed that to them.. when I put it in at night, it's usually gone by morning..

MrWhite

Sub-Adult Member
Chair76":1w4hvv95 said:
mrwhite, where do you get your dubias from? i was wondering where i can get them cheapper for like a 100 dubias under 30 bucks but i found some but im unsure of the quality?

I got mine from http://www.doodlebugscritters.com, they were a lot more than $30 for 100 adults. I'm sure you can get them cheaper on the forsale forum. I just didn't want to compete with everyone else when someone posts there.

Chair76

Hatchling Member
how much dubia's do your beardies eat? tell me if large or small? i want to know cause my vet said around 6 medium dubia but he's still hungrey and eats around 9 or 10 of the medium maybe more!

MrWhite

Sub-Adult Member
I'm actually still feeding him crickets, I haven't made the move to dubia yet. I've let him sample a few to make sure he likes them though. I just started my colony, have about 100 adults, 100 medium/large, and 300 small

MrWhite

Sub-Adult Member
SamusTheDragon":313hc33r said:
What do you guys feed your dubia? I feed ground up cat food and oranges.

ground up dog food, oranges, apples, greens(they don't really seem to like greens), carrots.

the real question is: do the roaches change characteristics depending on the food they eat?
in other words, if they're eating dog food, do they start barking? if they're eating cat food, are they considered hissing roaches? :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stump5150!
Top Bottom