dubia feeding

Status
Not open for further replies.

jackiesmama

Juvie Member
is there any way to help these little buggers grow faster lol, i am trying to grow my colony and i have prob about 200 babies and 7 females, 5 males. and its take forever for the babies( all differ sizes) to grow!! :banghead:

aussiefreak101

Hatchling Member
A temp of 90-95 and citrus veggies is what got mine to explode. It will take about 3-4 months to notice a huge growth though because each life stage takes them a while.

CNS

It takes 4-6 months for babies to reach maturity. Feed citrus fruits like oranges and grapefruit. It gets the breeding going. Might want to get some more females. A good m/f ratio is 5:1.

There will be 6 molts which will double their size every time until they reach the final instar=molting to an adult.Just like CNS said, this will take 4-6 months and there is no other way of speeding it up. Some have reported faster growth by keeping their bins hot(90-100) but they turn under-grown which i say inst healthy for them.

jackiesmama

Juvie Member
Original Poster
@ cns we got our hornworms and jackie loves them :blob8: i tried tricking her with a super and she would not eat it lol, thank u

CNS

jackiesmama":1iy3pqvo said:
@ cns we got our hornworms and jackie loves them :blob8: i tried tricking her with a super and she would not eat it lol, thank u

You're very welcome

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stump5150!
Top Bottom