Bonded beardies

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
I know, I know. They aren't supposed to be together but I genuinely believe they're bonded. They huddle together, constantly lick each other, even rub against each other. They'll hide behind each other when they get scared and we had a divider in a large tank to create their own space and they were constantly trying to get over the divider to each other and even got, for lack of a better word, sad because they were alone. So we took it out and I set up two different basking spots with its own uvb and basking platforms for them so they have their own warm and cool spaces. And they still choose to be right next to each other at all times. They're even sleeping together, Nubby turned into Dreki. And my heart can't take it.

I do feed them separately, and theyve never showed any signs of aggression or being territorial, for now. I know that will most lilely change within the coming months. They do eat their salad side by side no problem. Sadly, we will have to separate before too long because we discovered Nubby is a boy and Dreki is a girl and...we can't have babies having babies.😅😅

Y'all I love these little buggers. Their personalities are just so wild. Dreki is a freaking pig, she is constantly hungry and loves running around while Nubby is a baby, scared of everything and likes to hide in our necks when he does get scared. 😅🥰

Attachments

• 20230418_230029.jpg
    20230418_230029.jpg
    142.5 KB · Views: 89
  • 20230418_221057.jpg
    20230418_221057.jpg
    293.9 KB · Views: 64
  • 20230404_103425.jpg
    20230404_103425.jpg
    169.7 KB · Views: 68

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
I loved this thread. They are friggen adorable 😍.
It's to bad they weren't both girls, cohabing might have worked long term. But once they start to mature mother nature will kick in and he would be harassing her none stop. Our girl Ruby trys to snuggle with the others like that, Sweet Pea is who she likes most. For her part Sweet Pea usually will go get near Ruby to. I do keep an eye on them though. They are both more than 3 yo and could do serious damage if they decided to fight.

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
I loved this thread. They are friggen adorable 😍.
It's to bad they weren't both girls, cohabing might have worked long term. But once they start to mature mother nature will kick in and he would be harassing her none stop. Our girl Ruby trys to snuggle with the others like that, Sweet Pea is who she likes most. For her part Sweet Pea usually will go get near Ruby to. I do keep an eye on them though. They are both more than 3 yo and could do serious damage if they decided to fight.
I love it so much. It's so darn cute I can't take it. It's so cute that yours try to snuggle with each other. I wish they were both girls, too. I hope they don't have a hard time having to be separate once they're older, I hope once puberty sets in, that'll prevent them from it.😅

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
You might be able to leave them with a little line of site, at least at first. Zen and Chomp always had line of site, they where clutch mates also. But Zen persters the crap out if the other girls. Chomp largely ignored him, the others get aggitated and hide from him.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dangky4gviettel
Top Bottom