Dubia feeding......

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeritta

Sub-Adult Member
New to dubia and have a question...............

besides apple slices and banana pieces and pieces of mustard greens what other types of greens and fruits and veggies can I feed my dubia. I know what dry foods i feed and they love those but I am looking for fruits and veggies. Thanks
Jeritta

fez09

Extreme Poster
Butternut squash holds up really well. I use that because it never gets mushy and I feed it to the beardies anyway...I also give them the stems of the collard greens (but take them out when they get dry, usually a day or 2) Oranges are always good, just cut it in half and put it in there.

nair88

Gray-bearded Member
they love oranges! i've also been feeding mine carrots lately and they tear those up.

I also give mine the scraps from watermelons regular melons honeydew and also pineapple and I also give them yams and sweet potato peels and also regular squash scraps. Everything has to be from fresh scraps of course. Because my caregiver is always cooking there's always some kinds of fresh vegetables being chopped or peeled they also get carrot peels and ends regular corn flakes and occasionally sweet cereal.

HOSTIL1

Don't want to hijack but how much should they eat in a day? I just got my colony going with 300 mixed and 60 females and 20 males. I put some roach chow, apples and some greens and carrots but they don't even act interested.

techdave

Juvie Member
What are the temps in the bin? Also, when you are in there with the light on they tend to get pretty shy, as they are very nocturnal. I just put the stuff in there and come back every other day to replace the dominated veggies.

HOSTIL1

My temps are 85-90 at the bottom surface. I guess I was just expecting them to be more ravenous with the fresh fruit and veggies but I can tell they are eating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom