Dubia escapees

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theroachguy

Juvie Member
You’ll be just fine with your temps that far north and the dryness I couldn’t see one lasting more then a couple weeks in your home.
Jason

ArchiesFamily

Juvie Member
ez2bbad64":f18af said:
I HATE CRICKETS!. but am forced to have them until my roach colony is large enough to feed all my dragons. just the other day my cat who enjoys playing with and eating crickets dumped the cricket bin and all the crickets got loose in the house! about 500 of the darn things! i am finding them everywhere! climbing up the wall,floating in the dogs water bowl and in the toilet.in the cabinets. in the dog food bin. in my shoes well you get the idea! my husband is really ticked about that! he gets woken up by crickets climbing on him! luckaly the cats are catching them and eating them as i havent seen nearly as many in the last couple of days and i no longer put the cricket bin on a shelf!

I think I'd have to board up the house and move until they died off. Or maybe I'd have to go into the witness protection plan to escape my husband's wrath.

We have one adult female unaccounted for due to the dog. I'm praying he ate her, as gross as that is it's better than thinking she was only one day for giving birth. I'm counting on the 68* to kill her or them off quickly if she wasn't eaten.

LFC

Hatchling Member
we have escapees all the time- (mostly thanks to a beardie cage that apparently isn't fully sealed) but thanks to 2 very curious cats, we either find them really fast, or they are dead very fast.- one did get out into a car tho (no clue how THAT happened.....)

AaronPauling

Hatchling Member
Well, the roaches are climbing or getting out somewhere. With how small the babies are you may be dropping one or 2 now and again and not know it. Some of the grocery and home improvement stores carry peanut butter scented live catch non toxic mouse traps... the roaches will find them easily. Also if you do end up with a lot of them loose (like when a box of 1K spills :banghead: ) then you can use a mixture of boric acid( a common pest roach control sold at grocery and home improvement stores ) and powdered sugar....the roaches will be attracted to and eat the mixture and die in about 24hrs.

remi1

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Lol, I think I'd prefer to get the live trap, that way they can go back into the colony. Seems like such a waste to kill off perfectly good roaches :)

AaronPauling

Hatchling Member
Yes, but the live traps are glue traps and that is how they work.. Also if you have the b lateralis or lobsters, the boric acid mix works superbly.

remi1

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Well, I've been the happy owner of a dubia colony for three whole days, and I'm proud to report no escapees :D Yet...

But, say I used the glue trap to catch them. Is it possible to peel them off of the glue, or are they just dead and not know it yet?

techdave

Juvie Member
I've rarely dealt with them myself, but I'm guessing it would rip their legs off. Also, I get my egg cartons from the store when I buy 5 dozen eggs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom