Dubia dropping egg sack?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaDragonEcho

Hatchling Member
Found what i think is the egg sack type thing that dubia lay but then put it back in their body or whatever... but i just found the egg sack thing... or at least i think.. ill post a pic soon but right now Kovu is asleep on me and i don't want to wake him... but its a tannish color and like and 1 1/2 long maybe longer (idk im horrible with estimates) there is not a female by it and it is it the water gel dish... will the female come back to it? will it hatch without a female to incubate it? is it even an egg sack? What do i do with it? I just got my dubia in yesterday but is it possible it was already pregnant and layed the egg sack(whatever it is called).. the sooner i have more dubia babies the better... i hope this will give me some.. and i will be soo mad if the female just discarded it! :banghead:

More than likely it will die off, and more than likely the female will die off too. Dubias don't just drop them off, it's usually a sign of a problem. Hopefully Lance (twobeardieguy) will chime in since he made a few extensive posts on dubias, including a topic that included pictures of dubia laying the egg sacks! OH! That would be a good start to see if it is in fact an egg sack. Here's a link to said thread. They "lay them" (not completely) to adjust them to their lil inner ""incubator""". However, if the female drops them completely that's a sign that things aren't right.

What temperature is your bin at, and do you have any idea of the humidity? What food do you have in there, do you have water crystals? I THINK I read that can be a sign of the humidity being too low/temp too high.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tlpowell718
Top Bottom