Dubia colony started giving babies

Status
Not open for further replies.

larry

Hatchling Member
Hi everyone! I just opened the enclosure and found more than 30 little roaches! I wanted to share this with you as you´ve been so kind answering all my q´s. I hope in a year or so to increase this colony a lot so i can finally start thinking about breedin dragons once i´m able to feed them for myself. I couldn´t take pics of a larger group but so far i´ve counted 35 little dubias.I feed them oranges and cat food, they seem to love it.

DSCN1326.jpg

DSCN1327.jpg

Here´s Jabba enjoying a juicy male

DSCN1324.jpg

DSCN1325.jpg

cheers

Twobeardieguy

BD.org Sicko
Great nom nom pictures. You can also add in bananas,greens, apples cut in half, dog food with the cat food and some fish flakes sprinkled over top. Good luck. :wink:

jewelmick

I GOT BABIES!

I just opened by bin to feed and water......and a big momma was on the top egg crate with a bunch of white itty bitties!

I am weeding out the adult males.....and am starting to feed pretty heavy out of the colony. Maxx LOVES them.....they are the only feeders she will jump down off her perch to chase.

I am feeding them a nice organic cat food, with water crystals, and every other day a nice salad (greens, strawberries, carrots, and whatever.) They mow down on it so fast! There is never any left over.

I am actually getting a bit attached to them, and feel bad when I feed them. :cry:

larry

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Twobeardieguy":hj2zcu8y said:
Great nom nom pictures. You can also add in bananas,greens, apples cut in half, dog food with the cat food and some fish flakes sprinkled over top. Good luck. :wink:

Thanks everyone for your replies and thanks Lance for the tips.
I´ve been told not but just to be sure, are there any risks feeding full grown up dubia males? I mean, are they hard to digest for the dragons?

romanfj

Hatchling Member
There are NO risks to feeding full grown dubia males as long as you follow the rule that the food should be no wider than the space between your dragon's eyes. Adult males look big and crunchy but are, in fact, still relatively soft for a dragon.

Frank

Twobeardieguy

BD.org Sicko
I feed Cali full grown males all the time and she does great and loves them. You can see how big she is in the introduction section and welcome. :wink:

larry

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
romanfj":5qc32ik2 said:
There are NO risks to feeding full grown dubia males as long as you follow the rule that the food should be no wider than the space between your dragon's eyes. Adult males look big and crunchy but are, in fact, still relatively soft for a dragon.

Frank

Thanks Frank, i was just cheking out but it´s good to have more opinions, moreover from experienced people.

Twobeardieguy":5qc32ik2 said:
I feed Cali full grown males all the time and she does great and loves them. You can see how big she is in the introduction section and welcome. :wink:

Yes, i saw Cali in your thread, she´s great and really nice too. Thanks again Lance

Treehorn

Hatchling Member
romanfj":3tb27eax said:
no wider than the space between your dragon's eyes. Frank

So no "wider" is ok. Is the length of the dubia relivant.
For example the picture above of Larry's dragon Jabba. It looks like the width is right but I suspect that male dubia was longer than the space between Jabba's eyes.

larry

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Treehorn":3knx8lym said:
romanfj":3knx8lym said:
no wider than the space between your dragon's eyes. Frank

So no "wider" is ok. Is the length of the dubia relivant.
For example the picture above of Larry's dragon Jabba. It looks like the width is right but I suspect that male dubia was longer than the space between Jabba's eyes.

Yes that´s what i meant asking... the width of a regular adult beardie is 3 cm aprox. and a full grown dubia can be about 4 cm or more. But if they are soft i think there will be no problem, even more if beardies tend to chew everything they eat. please let me know me if i´m wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
beardies4life
Top Bottom