Dubia Colony rebirth!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rukia1988

Juvie Member
I love this and I was looking for a way to separate my babies out of my large tote colony. I have a large tote (my breeding colony) no lid, need more egg cartons, and I keep it in my reptile room where the ambient temperature never reaches below 78 degrees. THEY ARE BREEDING so fast. Ihave about 200-300 large females that are all preggers nice fat abdomens. I have maybe 100 males (they seem to be fighting a lot I find a lot of dead males). I need to buy some more totes and egg crates. I seperated a lot out yesterday but I feel like I might have stressed my breeders out (I haven't dealt with my Frass in a long long time and I know I have possibly 2000 babies in there). I've left my colony alone for about 6 months and sheesh its been crazy.

I LOVE the idea with the holes in the bottom of the buckets, I think you should patten it before someone else does lol. I know I will be making one. I need to separate the babies out soon since I have beardies that are going to hatch in the next couple weeks.

I am so proud of my work with them. I feed mine carrots, apples, bananas, stems of greens, vegetables, and so on.

Have you ever tried to feed them thawed out frozen veggies? I was considering doing that but I wasn't sure if it was a great idea. I know they eat anything I put in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quantum
Top Bottom