Dubia colony for one dragon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrisallen

Hatchling Member
I have a real hard time dealing with regular roaches. With my job, I have to sometimes go into houses that have roaches and it freaks me out to the point where I have refused to work a number of times. Getting the dubias(from Jason also, btw), was a real challenge that I had nightmares about(no joke). But, they look/act nothing like the common roach, and are really pretty cool to sit and watch. I have only fed a few since Im waiting for the colony to grow and multiply, but the dragons love them. Going through 10k crickets a week is expensive, im hoping these guys cut down that cost.

SugaReina

Original Poster
Thank you for that post! My boyfriend has been so against the Dubias for the same reasons you were originally (he does cable, and sees them in people's houses all the time!)!! I'm showing him your post, even though I've already fought to get them lol. I think it will make him feel a little better. Thank you!

HYPORollo

Juvie Member
i breed feeders and roaches by far are the best i hate the smell of crixs and they are just nasty little buggers and my big female never realy moves to catch them she just sits and waits till they cross her path or i pick them up with tweezers uf course and put them in front of her well the first roach i put in there she moved so fast it didnt have time to hit the ground and say ouch she was all over it and since then she goes to the spot i drop them in and sits there and waits for more lol she loves them and so do i trust me ive had over 50.000 crixs at one time and i hate each and every one of them i sometimes find my self feeding the loocal wild lizards out side my door now they to wait for me outside for there free lunch but roaches are awsome just ask the beardies

AutopsySoldier

Hatchling Member
HYPORollo":a8ee0 said:
i breed feeders and roaches by far are the best i hate the smell of crixs and they are just nasty little buggers and my big female never realy moves to catch them she just sits and waits till they cross her path or i pick them up with tweezers uf course and put them in front of her well the first roach i put in there she moved so fast it didnt have time to hit the ground and say ouch she was all over it and since then she goes to the spot i drop them in and sits there and waits for more lol she loves them and so do i trust me ive had over 50.000 crixs at one time and i hate each and every one of them i sometimes find my self feeding the loocal wild lizards out side my door now they to wait for me outside for there free lunch but roaches are awsome just ask the beardies

My dragon does the same thing...he'll never go after a cricket, he'll just sit there and wait and tries to grab one that comes near...but he doesn't even try that hard! If he misses he's like "ehh...whatever..." but as soon as I throw in some dubias in his feeding tub MAN! he goes running after them! The only time I see him do this is with dubias, phoenix worms and waxworms. It makes me real happy he likes his dubias since I'm going to start a colony of my own.

HYPORollo

Juvie Member
does your dragon shake them once he bites them mine goes nuts like a pitbull its so funny she grabs on and shakes left to right then munches them down the hatch its great i just started my colony so all i have is adults right now so ive gave her a few males and two nyphs i had in the batch since then she will refuse anything else its nuts she just looks at the crix or the super and looks up at me like please you want me to eat that yea right and then if i dont give her a roach she turns towards me and just startes at me like demanding a roach its so cute

Omnomnami

Hatchling Member
I just bought 20 breeding trios from theroachguy.com and earlier this month I had bought a mixed colony of 330 roaches with 10 adult pairs. My dragons absolutely love these things!! And they last for a long time! My adult beardies eat less than five fully grown dubias a day each!

I've been feeding and watering them the way I should and I just left the colony of 330 alone...I checked them today and there's at least 100 new babies just over night! They breed great if you keep the temps in the room up and mist the side of the tanks with warm water a couple times a day. It's not hard to get them to breed if you have time to provide what they need so don't be discouraged!

~Nichole

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
617781l
Top Bottom