Dubia as Supplement to Phoenix Worm Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lizard of Light

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Ardbert
I’m planning on giving dubias as a supplementary staple to a main staple of phoenix worms and silkworms, so I was wondering if I only periodically give dubias to my beardie, do I still need to calcium dust them? Trying to decide if I need to get a small container of calcium or if Ardbert will be fine without if phoenix worms are his main staple.

He definitely prefers variety (he’ll stop eating the phoenix worms when he’s had plenty, but instantly snaps up a silkworm) and loves stalking prey. Just yesterday, he tried to “stalk” his worm salad just like a cat (or Toothless :lol:) and he definitely LOVED hunting adult soldier flies.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I would lightly dust the dubias still. Pay attention to the urate. If that small amount of dust causes the urate to be discolored or chalky, discontinue.

-Brandon

Lizard of Light

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Ardbert
Claudiusx":3cbvwsfq said:
I would lightly dust the dubias still. Pay attention to the urate. If that small amount of dust causes the urate to be discolored or chalky, discontinue.

-Brandon

Thank you!!!! :mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoonBug
Top Bottom