Droopy Lip?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueMorpho

Juvie Member
Hey, about an hour ago when I was putting Striker back in her tank, she started acting strangely. She kept trying to crawl behind her fountain (not running at the moment), and rubbing her face on the foam background. At first I thought maybe she was just doing her normal pre-shed routine, until I noticed that she seemed to be having trouble keeping both eyes open at the same time, and on her right side her bottom lip was sagging. After petting her for a bit, she closed her mouth normally, but still didn't keep both eyes open.
I removed the screen from the top of the tank and put both UV bulbs directly above her. She seemed to perk up, so I will keep it this way tomorrow as well.
She ate a hearty dinner of crix and veggies, so her appetite is fine.
I'm going to take her to the vet tomorrow afternoon, but in the meantime is there anything I can do?
She doesn't seem to be in pain, but I know beardies are notorious for hiding it.
What would cause her lip to droop like that?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Can you post some pictures of that for us?
What type of lighting do you use, are you using a UVB light?
If she is shedding, that can really cause the area to appear swollen. Is that what you are referring to? Are her eyes swollen also?
What substrate are you using, sand, paper towels, tiles?

Tracie

BlueMorpho

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Went to the vet yesterday afternoon. Vet said she's perfectly healthy, and was probably just stretching her lip to loosen up some scales that are getting ready to she'd around her lips. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tlpowell718
Top Bottom