"Droopy" Eyes

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrgoogls

Hatchling Member
hi guys. sorry its been so long. i have been so busy with my new job:D but since summer just started and school is done i should be here a bit more. i have a bit of a problem. my beardie's(Phoenix) eyes are sort of droopy. like, the bottom eye lid like isnt right against his acual "eye ball". it is a bit lower. there is no discharge or anything. he eats normal,is pretty well hydrated(was just on vacation so he might be a bit low when i was gone. but in a day or 2 should be normal). all his temps are good and i have a reptisun 10.0 for uvb. it is a tube. he eats great. crickets everyday still and veggies every day. some fruit every once in a while.what could this be? is it seriousor bad?

PS: not on this topic but when should i switch to feeding crickets every OTHER day. he turns a year old on 7/11 and gets a pinky for a giftXD(dont worry, in his year of life, this will only be his second one.).

mrgoogls

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
i have 2 lights. becaue his cage is so wide, there is one in front and one in back. they arent "basking lights" they are from home depot. one is a 75 and one is a 100. they are normal round crystal clear bulbs

Esther19

BD.org Addict
Thanks. Those shouldn't be irritating your beardie's eyes. Hopefully someone with more experience will be by to help you out.

mrgoogls

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
i didnt think it was the lights. i had a problem with my one uvb in like october b4 i got my reptisun but that is fine now. i read that if they have to much vit D3 it might cause this. i dust his crix every feeding with calcium with D3 and he has the reptisun 10.0. is that to much? should i get calcium withOUT D3 or WITH D3?

Esther19

BD.org Addict
You want with D3. But only 1 feeding per day 5x per week. Other 2 days should be a vitamin/mineral supplement.

mrgoogls

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
that is what i have been doing. monday, tuesday, wednesday, thursday, friday are calcium. saturday/sunday i use vitamins. but i just read that since he is a year old he should get vitamins 3 or 4 times per week and calcium 6 or 7 times per week. i read that on beautiful dragons website so it is relieable. what do you think? and is his eye problem serius or bad? what is wrong?

Majora

My beardie has this too, but he's always had it... I never thought it was a problem before. It's just like his bottom eyelid doesn't go all the way up to the edge of his eye. Hard to explain. He gets calcium w/ D3 on the first cricket feeding of every day, and he's got a Reptisun 10.0 tube. Now I'm worried...

mrgoogls

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
i agree. it is just like the bottom eye lid droops below the eye instead of right agaisnt it. he still acts very healthy. and when he had a checkup(be for i noticed it) the vet didnt say anything. so i dont think its "bad".i just want to know what it is so i can try to fix it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Harobuilt
Top Bottom