Drooling?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ohmybandit

Sub-Adult Member
I gave Benjie a bath as he is shedding and I fed him some carnivore/critical care right after and after the first little dose he ran away and drooled. A lot. He drank a lot of water when he was in his bath and looked like he was coughing a bit (he drank some water with his nostrils submerged until I held his head up) and I thought he was just getting rid of the excess water. Now, how serious is this? He's fine otherwise.

Esther19

BD.org Addict
I would keep his night temps up around 80 for a couple days. If you start hearing any popping noises in his breathing, that will indicate a respiratory infection.

Has he drooled any more today?

ohmybandit

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
There hasn't been clicking, foaming, or anything in or around the nostrils and mouth. I thought he had RI as well except he only does this coughing thing after he heavily drinks in his bath. Yesterday was the first time a thick slimy goo came out of his mouth. He's a rescue bd recovering from his mbd and he's a bit funky but nothin like this happened before. After we put him back in his tank, he was gaping under his heat lamp looking content

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom