Dreaming dragon??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seacow

Hi all!
Ok so I just want to see if ANYONE out there has seen or even heard of this. Dennis, our beardie is around 15 months old and the centre of attention in our household. He has some peculiar habits but one of which emerged only recently. Over the last three months he has stopped using his hide to sleep in and instead adopted a "sleep where I fall" mentality. Which means he will sleep ANYWHERE (the middle of the floor, in the crook of my elbow etc) So the minute it's lights out time Dennis will just scuffle down wherever he is in his viv and sleep there.
SO... onto my point. Last night Dennis had conked out on top of his basking log and myself and Kevin were in the room. Next thing a movement caught my eye...Dennis, still ASLEEP, was head-bobbing furiously!! We both looked on in complete shock :shock: I mean we had never seen him head-bob before, nevermind doing it whilst asleep. So after he finished his display he simply put his head back down and continued sleeping. He did not open his eyes once!! :sleepy2: If I'd been alone I would have thought I'd imagined it!
I know dogs and cats dream and can become very physically agitated in their sleep...but beardies? I'd never really thought about it before...so has anyone seen this before?
Thanks!
Sarah

LJean

Extreme Poster
I haven't seen it yet, but can imagine it happening with Oscar soon. He is on a headbob kick.

Maybe he was dreaming, LOL

Seacow

Original Poster
I'd never seen him head-bob before! He's kinda going thru a puberty thing at the moment and thinks he's master of the universe. :lol:
would love to get into his beardie brain and know what he was dreaming about though!!

Seacow

Original Poster
Poor Oscar! How old is he? I've only seen Dennis black beard once but itwas because a truck blew it's horn right outside our house (Dennis' favourite spot is a cushion on the windowsill) it took me ages to calm him down... Is Calypso a boy or girl?

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I had witnessed Pookie's first headbob while he was asleep on my stomach. Just like Dennis, Pookie had never headbobbed before and I didn't even know he knew how.

I was lounging on the couch watching TV and had Pookie comfortably sleeping on my stomach, when suddenly, I felt this prodding feeling where his head was. I looked down and saw that he was bobbing his head up and down, but his eyes were still closed. I waited to see if he'd open his eyes afterwards, but he never did; instead, he slumped back down and was back to a deep sleep again.

He had done that only one other time, again in his sleep, and both times were when I had yelled at him during the day. Guess he was showing his displeasure with me in his sleep :dontknow:

Seacow

Original Poster
Well it's good to know Dennis is not alone in his nocturnal adventures! He's been quite placid for the most part so it was funny to see him getting all macho while he was snoozing... Maybe Pookie and Dennis just have over-active imaginations :)

Jasper's Mom

BD.org Addict
Jasper used to headbob while he was asleep. He'd be on my shoulder and I'd feel him thumping away with his chin! Or he'd be in his viv and I'd have to go put a towel under his head because he was smacking his jaw on the floor. :lol:

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Silly Jas. I'm sure it hurt you more than it did him.

Pookie's second time sleep bobbing was when I first gave him his own bed, and he had his chin resting on the headboard. Bong Bong Bong . . . I was afraid he'd get a boo-boo on his chin. It was really funny to watch though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoonBug
Top Bottom