dragon sleeping on top of Styrofoam wall

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmorrow

Beardie name(s)
Iris
The last few days my new beardies been climbing to the top of her Styrofoam wall to sleep. Is this normal and should I let her continue or could she possibly get injured. She has two caves and I added a higher platform for her to lay on, but she ignores it.
IMG_3236[1].JPG

Rubble1212

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Rubble
Yep 👍 it’s odd for us but they seem to love to climb those tank backgrounds and sleep in the cliffhanger position lol 😂. My guy did the same thing eventually when they start to grow and gain some weight they kinda of grow out of it. I think it’s harder for them to hold on when they’re bigger? I’d just let her do her thing she won’t hurt herself they like to climb when they’re little.

Rubble1212

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Rubble
Your enclosure is really nice and your lighting is good with the Arcadia 12% that’s a great uvb source. And your temperatures sound good as well maybe you could try bumping the cool side temperatures up a bit but it’s not a huge deal. Do you have a CHE in the second dome?

cmorrow

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Iris
Your enclosure is really nice and your lighting is good with the Arcadia 12% that’s a great uvb source. And your temperatures sound good as well maybe you could try bumping the cool side temperatures up a bit but it’s not a huge deal. Do you have a CHE in the second dome?
yea, I have a 60 watt CHE since temperatures drop to 58F in her enclosure at night without one.

Rubble1212

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Rubble
Maybe run that during the day at 50% or so and see if it bumps the cool side temps just a little during the day if you want it’s up to you. Do you have it on a dimmer?

cmorrow

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Iris
Maybe run that during the day at 50% or so and see if it bumps the cool side temps just a little during the day if you want it’s up to you. Do you have it on a dimmer?
I dont, would that work with a timer? And which one would you recommend

Rubble1212

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Rubble
What I do is just get an inexpensive lamp dimmer and run it about 50/60% and run my DHP 24/7 which is like a CHE it just doesn’t get so hot to the touch and I personally like them better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Panthercat
Top Bottom