dragon no poop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
heres the story:

my bearded dragon hasn't done his business lately..well for a few days. I had stopped feeding him crickets because here in canada its cold and the pet stores had shortages of em. So, within the last few weeks i began feeding him his crickets. Before i was feeding him a diet of spring mix and squash and veggies (what i fed my iguana). Made sure he was hydrated and had enough to eat and slept good. He had stress marks more than usual, but I had changed his environment. Anyone have any ideas before ispend 100$ to take him to the vet?

Lennifer

Juvie Member
How old is he/she? Older dragons tend to slow down on pooing & don't go everyday so that's why I asked his age. Also, when was the last time he pooped? Try giving him a warm bath/soak & rubbing his belly. How big are the live feeders u are giving him/her? The feeders should be no longer then the space between your bearde dragons eyes. This can lead to impaction which will cause them not to be able to poo. One other thing could be the temps on the basking spot not being high enough for him to degest his food. WHat is your basking spot temp? Just a few things that it could be.

~Sandy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom