Dragon just won't get better

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I try to not feed her anything that might hurt her
If she likes people I would consider moving the tank where she is not isolated- next she's not getting enough uvb - in fact this will be detrimental to her health- the T 8 must be unobstructed 6-8 inches directly above the basking decor

Inkticious

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
If she likes people I would consider moving the tank where she is not isolated- next she's not getting enough uvb - in fact this will be detrimental to her health- the T 8 must be unobstructed 6-8 inches directly above the basking decor
The light ain't obstructed, and her basking light is a bulb which feels like its burning my hands if i have my hands under the light for more then 40 seconds roughly. Also there aint no where else to put her sadly.

Inkticious

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
The log shes sitting on in some of the photos, is her basking spot, and she knows when shes feeling warm, cuz she'll get off the log.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
The log shes sitting on in some of the photos, is her basking spot, and she knows when shes feeling warm, cuz she'll get off the log.
So the UVB is on top w/ no screen? She needs certain surface basking temps - are you taking them w/ a digital probe thermometer? they need to be 95-100 for her to start digestion of her food -

Inkticious

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
So the UVB is on top w/ no screen? She needs certain surface basking temps - are you taking them w/ a digital probe thermometer? they need to be 95-100 for her to start digestion of her food -
Doctor didn't say anything about her disgestion or anything, and my setup for her tank seems to be good, if a lil small, but its still a good size for her, and she gets taken out fairly often.

ReptiSly

Beardie name(s)
Bilbo
Top screen. Bulbs not even a year old, i believe it's a t 8? I can't easily access the bulb.
The bulb i'm using is one i got as a recommendation from others on these forums.
T8s should be changed every 6 months. T5s last longer. I still replace my t5s every 9. You need to tell us the distance the uvb light is from the basking spot. Screen no screen that it's sitting on? What type of uvb bulb (12% 14% T5 or t8). What are your temps on hot side of tank and cool side. Basking temps? Saying everything is fine without any details is zero help to your dragon. Only details will help fix this problem.

Inkticious

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
T8s should be changed every 6 months. T5s last longer. I still replace my t5s every 9. You need to tell us the distance the uvb light is from the basking spot. Screen no screen that it's sitting on? What type of uvb bulb (12% 14% T5 or t8). What are your temps on hot side of tank and cool side. Basking temps? Saying everything is fine without any details is zero help to your dragon. Only details will help fix this problem.
Ok, so, turns out it is t5, dont got any good way of knowing the temp of her tank and stuff. Here, i'll take some photos while shes asleep.
Hope these help, i've never been good with understanding stuff like this, as like, trying to explain things is extremely hard for me.

20230628_010301.jpg

20230628_010306.jpg

20230628_010310.jpg

20230628_010329.jpg

Hope these help, sorry for just saying everything is fine and stuff, just get fustrated easy sometimes

Inkticious

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I Also try to bath her fairly often, in order to make sure nothing bad is stuck to her. Due to my own health problems, my family does help me take care of her, and make sure shes got everything she needs.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
I Also try to bath her fairly often, in order to make sure nothing bad is stuck to her. Due to my own health problems, my family does help me take care of her, and make sure shes got everything she needs.
Ok in order to keep your dragon healthy she needs proper surface basking temps 95-100 taken w / a digital probe thermometer -the probe needs to be placed on the spot she sits for basking 10 minutes or so get the temp you also need one on the cool side that tank looks really small and if your heating the basking side up its possible the cool side will be too warm anything over 83 is too hot for cool side - the probe does not need to stay there you can stick it on the side of the tank and check every 2 weeks - basking bulbs get weak over time - next the UVB should be directly over her basking decor piece I would look at taking the screen off or open it up so she gets direct UVB 12 - 15 inches over it --- next I would change out the carpet for some textured NON adhesive shelf liner its easier to keep clean - vinegar/ water 50/50 solution wipe down w/ a wet dish cloth / towel when done - I also would look at getting a bigger tank - the one looks way too small - if you want links for tanks we can post some for you but you need to start w/ getting temps correct and UVB in that tank - this is crucial to her health

Inkticious

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Ok in order to keep your dragon healthy she needs proper surface basking temps 95-100 taken w / a digital probe thermometer -the probe needs to be placed on the spot she sits for basking 10 minutes or so get the temp you also need one on the cool side that tank looks really small and if your heating the basking side up its possible the cool side will be too warm anything over 83 is too hot for cool side - the probe does not need to stay there you can stick it on the side of the tank and check every 2 weeks - basking bulbs get weak over time - next the UVB should be directly over her basking decor piece I would look at taking the screen off or open it up so she gets direct UVB 12 - 15 inches over it --- next I would change out the carpet for some textured NON adhesive shelf liner its easier to keep clean - vinegar/ water 50/50 solution wipe down w/ a wet dish cloth / towel when done - I also would look at getting a bigger tank - the one looks way too small - if you want links for tanks we can post some for you but you need to start w/ getting temps correct and UVB in that tank - this is crucial to her health
I dont got the money to get her a new tank sadly...

Inkticious

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Please get a tape measure and measure the height length and width post those measurements and I will tell you what size it is
Trying to do that is gonna be a pain, i think i figured out her issue. I think shes lonely. She's been cuddling with a beardie dragon plushie someone made for me after my previous dragon passed away, she basically stole the plush from me. She even was sad when i was putting her to bed so i put the plush in the tank with her, and her eyes instantly lit up, and she put one of her hands on the plush. Shes also been hiding more often and nesting more often.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quantum
Top Bottom