Dragon just won't get better

Inkticious

Hatchling Member
I'm freaking out. My dragon has been like, super stressed for months now even after a vet visit, and I don't have the money to take her to the vet again. The vet said it could be due to like, ""sexual frustration"", if I remember correctly. She's just, super stressed out, and IDK what to do. Can dragons sense that their care takers are stressed? Does being stressed have a negative impact on her health? I'm just so scared. I love her with all my heart, she's like my own flesh and blood, my child. I just want her to be happy and healthy. Why is it that she's so stressed? She just, refuses to run around, refuses to eat, refuses to drink. She just wants to look outside all day. Even when taking her outside she just wants to bask and cuddle all day. I give her lots of love, and attention. I do my best to take care of her to the best of my ability.

Can someone please tell me whats wrong with my baby, I don't want her to be in pain or to suffer, I want to give her a good, happy, healthy life.

20230619_124551.jpg

20230529_121033(0).jpg

Inkticious

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Sorry if I'm over-reacting I just. I love her so much, i can't stand the thought of her being in any kind of pain. I'd do anything for her. She's so important to me. Shes my lil snuggle buggles, and idk what i'd do without her. She understands me, and i understand her. But neither of us know whats wrong, and im just so scared

Inkticious

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Also a lil bit earlier today, her tail looked like this but when i went to check it again, her tail looked normal.

20230619_202555.jpg

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Sorry your girl is so stressed. Are you positive
that your dragon isn't male?
We can review your tank setup, such as the type
& brand of UVB lighting, temperatures, etc to be
sure everything is all setup properly.
Is she eating right now?
Sometimes they could be affected by excess stress
by their owners, or even noisy dogs, etc. Do you
have a ceiling fan in the room where her tank is?

Tracie

Inkticious

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Hello,

Sorry your girl is so stressed. Are you positive
that your dragon isn't male?
We can review your tank setup, such as the type
& brand of UVB lighting, temperatures, etc to be
sure everything is all setup properly.
Is she eating right now?
Sometimes they could be affected by excess stress
by their owners, or even noisy dogs, etc. Do you
have a ceiling fan in the room where her tank is?

Tracie
100% certain she is a female. Vet said so our previous visit, and our most recent visit a couple weeks ago. She just ate a little bit. There is a ceiling fan in the room she is in. My grandpa's dog does bark sometimes for no reason. Her tank is set up good, she has a rock to sit on which i typically leave unplugged as to not burn her belly, she has a log to bask on and hide under, she has a little bed, and blanky, she has a hamack, a bowl, and a water dish. Our living situation is kinda stressful currently

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
100% certain she is a female. Vet said so our previous visit, and our most recent visit a couple weeks ago. She just ate a little bit. There is a ceiling fan in the room she is in. My grandpa's dog does bark sometimes for no reason. Her tank is set up good, she has a rock to sit on which i typically leave unplugged as to not burn her belly, she has a log to bask on and hide under, she has a little bed, and blanky, she has a hamack, a bowl, and a water dish. Our living situation is kinda stressful currently
Stress marks can be caused by improper UVB and surface basking temps- are you using digital probe thermometers to get actual surface basking temps? Also the UVB is a coil or a long tube fixture? Coils are known to cause all kinds of health issues starting w/ skin and internal organs- your set up sounds nice for her but you want correct lighting in all aspects of her husbandry -- the dog barking also could be stressing her out but we want to rule out the lighting I just went over --

Inkticious

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Stress marks can be caused by improper UVB and surface basking temps- are you using digital probe thermometers to get actual surface basking temps? Also the UVB is a coil or a long tube fixture? Coils are known to cause all kinds of health issues starting w/ skin and internal organs- your set up sounds nice for her but you want correct lighting in all aspects of her husbandry -- the dog barking also could be stressing her out but we want to rule out the lighting I just went over --
Here's some, semi-old photos of her tank.
To the right, is a space with a heating rock which i try to leave unplugged unless I know she wants it plugged in. A food dish, and a wayer bowl. I currently can't really take a photo of her tank without stressing her out [ she's currently sitting on my hand, I just took her out. ]
20230501_090901.jpg

20230501_090854.jpg
20230501_090905.jpg

Sorry for such a late response btw! Been a bit busy.

Inkticious

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Just took some photos of her.
Oh right! The bulbs!! Her one bulb, i think the uv one, is long! And she has a heating bulb which is a like, oval. No coils!! No red lights!
Sorry if the photos look weird, i prefer cropping some of them before posting them when they contain like, my face, or editing them when they contain my face or family face.
20230624_185704.jpg
20230624_185728.jpg

Shes my precious lil snuggle bug

Inkticious

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
My main fears are cuz she used to be super energetic, but now she doesnt move around too often. I honestly think it might be due to me somehow. I'm scared she's feeding off my negative emotions and stuff, we both understand each other very well, and, we spend every day together.

And she just started nesting behind my head.
Tried recording it but she stopped when i was trying to record it.
20230624_190440.jpg

20230624_190444.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
My main fears are cuz she used to be super energetic, but now she doesnt move around too often. I honestly think it might be due to me somehow. I'm scared she's feeding off my negative emotions and stuff, we both understand each other very well, and, we spend every day together.

And she just started nesting behind my head.
Tried recording it but she stopped when i was trying to record it.
View attachment 81592
View attachment 81593
I see stick ons for temp gauges- you want digital probe thermometers one for cool side of tank low 80's surface basking temps 95-100 for a 6 months old or older - these are imperative - please tell me the long tube bulb look on the bulb at the bottom of writing look for T 5 or T 8 - how old is the uvb and where is it in the tank ? Top of screen or inside the tank

Inkticious

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I see stick ons for temp gauges- you want digital probe thermometers one for cool side of tank low 80's surface basking temps 95-100 for a 6 months old or older - these are imperative - please tell me the long tube bulb look on the bulb at the bottom of writing look for T 5 or T 8 - how old is the uvb and where is it in the tank ? Top of screen or inside the tank
Top screen. Bulbs not even a year old, i believe it's a t 8? I can't easily access the bulb.
The bulb i'm using is one i got as a recommendation from others on these forums.

Inkticious

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Her tank is like, in the back bedroom, so she doesnt get to see people often when shes in her tank. She also loves affection and likes seeing people and meeting new people. She gives everyone kisses

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quantum
Top Bottom